Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

low credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

low credit score

Hello everyone,
I am very new to this very helpful site. I have a couple of ?? that maybe some of you have either gone thru or can help me get thru it... I have a Fico Score around 560 or so, thanx to a DIVORCE & a BANKRUPTCY... Is there anything anyone can recommend I do to help raise my credit score. I would like to buy a house in the next year or so? Any help would be greatly appreciated... (I had a GREAT credit score prior to this mess with my EX).
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: low credit score

pes64nurse wrote:
Hello everyone,
I am very new to this very helpful site. I have a couple of ?? that maybe some of you have either gone thru or can help me get thru it... I have a Fico Score around 560 or so, thanx to a DIVORCE & a BANKRUPTCY... Is there anything anyone can recommend I do to help raise my credit score. I would like to buy a house in the next year or so? Any help would be greatly appreciated... (I had a GREAT credit score prior to this mess with my EX).

Welcome, your at the right place.  Have you read Credit Scoring 101?  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=11303
It's a great place to start. 

The good news is that if you have a "year or so" you should have plenty of time.  Post some more info re all three of your FICO scores and what you have on your reports as far as derogs, history, cc's, etc and you'll get some great advice as to how to get started. 

ctRob

Message 2 of 4
UnderEstimated
Contributor

By the sounds of it, it's rebuilding time.  Do you have any credit cards or other LOCs that are in open/ in good standing?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello and welcome!  I don't know alot about your situation, there are many variables that will come into play, but you have defifitely come to the right place.  I am a single mother, never married and have overcome just about all of it, including bankruptcy.  In the past month I have brought my median score up from 596 to 625..all with the insight and knowledge I have learned from these wonderful and really bright people.  You will have to ask alot of questions but keep asking and reading.  You would be surprised how quickly you can turn things around with a little focus.    Good luck.....j
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.