tag
bmr4blu

low score of 450

how long does it take to get an 600 score?  need advice
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I depends on how actively you are pursuing that score inc...

I depends on how actively you are pursuing that score increase.  What's on your report to drop it to that level.  What are the dates of last delinquency on any delinquent accounts?  If you have active delinquencies, I'm afraid things may get worse before they get better.  If you don't take actions delinquent accounts can be sold over and over again resulting in a new score decrease.  The best course of action for active delenquencies that are not sched to fall off anytime in the near future would be to make arrangements to pay them off.  Never give your checking or CC info.  Pay by mail with some sort of tracking.

Other wise you can wait 7 yrs since the date of last delinquency on the most current one for them all to fall off.  If these accounts are included in a BK action, the older the action, the less impact it will have on your score.  The tip is to start reestablishing credit responsibly through a secured credit card from your personal bank.  Stay away from thoise cards with ridiculouos fees such as Aspire of First Premie, moretrouble than they're worth.  Even a finance company loan will help but refrain from too many as they also hurt the score.
Message 2 of 9
bmr4blu

my score

I have a deliquent student loan which I owe more than the balance for some reason, i guess the interest accrued daily Smiley Sad and bk, just not paying my bills on time..I need to get to a 620 so I can purchase a house.. Im just going to pay every bill I have on time for now on and see what happens to my score. I have to do my part because again its my fault that my score is 450..
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ifyou are actviely workig to inprove your score I can't s...

Ifyou are actviely workig to inprove your score I can't sya how long but you are on the right track.  I think bad student loans can be rehabilitated after a year of on time payments. Ifyou don't have any other credit and you feel you can handle itm get some.  A secured card that you use occassionally and PIF evey month should reflect well. 
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know how you feel I was at a 430 about a year and a hal...

I know how you feel I was at a 430 about a year and a half ago and now my mid score is just under a 600 and my high score is over a 600. All you can do is keep your current bills in good standing and try to dispute some of the items on your report and make sure you dont have any that are duplicated. That will hurt as well. Dont give up its a long hard road but well worth it. We just bought our first ever new truck. and man what a feeling to look at the milage on it when I drove it off the lot and it only had 10.9 miles on it instead of over a 100,000 miles. You will get there just keep pushing on and one thing that helped me was I got an Imagine credit card and love it. Now it did cost a fee that was charged to the card but the help it gave me was worth it.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remain consistent in paying on time and your score will i...

Remain consistent in paying on time and your score will incrementally increase. There is no magic bullet or a set period of time for your score to hit your target. Just stay focused, you will get there!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Improving from 450

I was at 450 about two years ago when I filed for bankruptcy, this includes a foreclosure the year before.  A couple months out of the bankruptcy and I purchased a new car.  Last year I pickup up a couple of low limit credit cards and keep the balance low on them.  I'm running about 650 right now.  So long as you get your payments on time, get a couple of accounts in there to start building some good payment history and keep your revolving accounts under 25% it shouldn't take more than 1.5 to 2 years to get back over 600. 
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can you approve someone in the 400's with no down?  I...

How can you approve someone in the 400's with no down?  I was told 3 years ago that we had to be at 580, and now I'm being told 620!  I'm desperately trying to get the 40 points I need as I'm at 584 now.

bmr4blu, I managed to raise my score 60 points in the past two years just by making the majority of my payments on time, although I've also had a couple lates, dangit.  My husband and I got a car and that helped as well.  I'm getting aggressive now and paying down my utilization in hopes that that helps, and I'm sending goodwill letters to some of my creditors to beg them to remove lates from my report.  Don't know how much this will work yet!  Good luck.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine Experian FICO was around 480 when I started, and I g...

Mine Experian FICO was around 480 when I started, and I got it up to 600 in about 18 months by doing the usual: paying everything on time, keeping balances as low as possible.

With current lates on a student loan, you'll probably need two years to get to the point where you can get that house at an interest rate that won't bite.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.