Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

made it...800 club

tag
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

Re: made it...800 club

It's so encouraging to hear the good news posted on the board.  It gives the rest of us hope.  WTG!!
Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 11 of 16
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

That is so awesome! Congrats!
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on a Job Well Done!!!

Good News always gives others the motivation needed to achieve their own goals!!!    Good Luck In Your Future Endeavors!!
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh to be in that club. My goal to get there by years end. How did you do it? How long did it take? What worked the best? Where was your score when you started? My plan, I started out disputing everything, normal way So far I am into it almost a year. Had a 50 point boost from the two programs on superchargedcredit.com I started out SUB 600 Smiley Sad What can I do more besides keeping squeeky clean?
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to everyone for your kind wishes. This site is great.

850orbust, I had good luck with three goodwill letters, using the templates that are posted on this site. I had a 660 about two years ago and lifting the baddies (two 30's and a 60) really helped. I keep my utilization under 10% (usually closer to 5% or less). Our vehicles are paid for and we have opened up no new lines of credit for years. I have enough CC's with decent limits so the util scores are pretty easy to maintain. We don't mind driving older cars, and we don't spend much. I make sure that I am never late in payments for anything, and the magic of online payments really helps to keep me timely.  I buy clothes at Walmart and the thrift shop, and we just really watch our spending on everything; bombing the rotating balances with payments to knock them down.
Message 15 of 16
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

ahhh THATs wonderful! I do all the things you are now doing too! I hope it works out as well for me. I have 50% uti ( i didnt know it was so important). I just went through a tough buiness time and I hope to get caught up on that stuff before it hits my reports!
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.