cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making love to amex! how sweet it is...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: making love to amex! how sweet it is...

i am going to have to pull my ex fico....i have been looking around online re the blue cash and cannot understand why they gave me this card with a 657 ex, unless my ex shot up for some reason.  or because i have the delta and hilton both with 0 balances.

has anyone got this card in the mid to upper 600's???

here is what i found:

Blue Cash® from American Express
Quick Summary:
This is a AMEX cash back rewards card issued by American Express. This card is intended for consumers, or "personal use" with a good to perfect credit history. APR's may vary among applicants, however the lowest standard APR is 13.24.

APR's:
There is an introductory APR as low as 0.00% for 6 months. This intro rate only applies towards purchases. Be cautious that some card issuers may charge higher rates and fees for cash advances.

The APR of 13.24% is variable, meaning that the rate can change as U.S. prime rates fluctuate. You can find out how to compute your APR in the programs terms and conditions. For example, you may be instructed to add 5.4% to the U.S. prime rate.

Rewards:
This card is a cash back card, where you can expect cash rewards for your purchases.

Credit Record Needed:
Based on the FICO score recommendation, applicants should have a great credit record. A FICO score of at least 737 is recommended for a higher chance of approval for the Blue Cash® from American Express, but is not required. There are a number of other factors that this issuer may also consider when making decisions for approval.

Other Basics:
The grace period listed for the Blue Cash® from American Express is at least 20 days. So interest charges will not be applied during those days.

This card is intended for consumers, or "personal use".

American Express acceptance among businesses is moderate, but global. You should not have a difficult time finding businesses that will accept this card as a form of payment.

Approval Rate:
The approval rate for this card is at a maximum. If you believe that you fall into the credit record of "Good Credit" then you will have a better chance for approval. Furthermore, if your FICO score is close to or higher than 737, then your chance of approval may be greater than other applicants.

Approval Time:
Great news for applicants that do not want to wait on a application status. This card offer may give instant approval decisions. Remember, this may not be true in all cases, where application information may not be complete, questionable or for other reasons. When applying on-line, the system will normally show your approval status shortly after submitting your application. Credit cards normally take 1 or 2 weeks to arrive after your application is approved.

Message Edited by dog on 07-03-2007 11:32 PM

Message Edited by dog on 07-03-2007 11:32 PM
Message 21 of 33
fused
Moderator Emeritus

dog:

Just shocking! But hey it's a prime card with a nice CL and perks. Just don't make out with the LUV button too much.Smiley Tongue
Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

i aint touchin that thar luv button....even with a glove.  Smiley Wink
Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you Dog, keep up the good work..

Live Long & Prosper
ctRob
Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

So what was your interest rate and do you have the intro 0% on all purchases and if so for how long?
Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

i do not know, peggyfair, all i know is the app status page says approved and i called and was told a 5k cl.  i would guess i will know when i get the card along with its paperwork. 
Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, okay. thanks. Let us know because Tuscani suggested that I get an Amex because I need a "0% intro on all purchases type of card", I've never had an Amex before but I notice that alot of places don't accept them because of the high fees.
Message 27 of 33
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

WTG, dog!
Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

dog wrote:
hi flygirl, the last time i checked my ex was 657.....that was a couple of weeks ago though, and that is what amex typically pulls.  it may have gone up, but i am not sure if i am going to come up off of 15 bucks tonight to see..my tu is 641 (also a couple of weeks ago)....my lousy equifax is a whopping 597 as of today. (all fico scores).

i did not convert skymiles to blue.  i did a new app for blue two days ago and bang tonight i was marked "approved" on the app status site...i called and the lady told me $5k....i turned off the tv, sent the kids to bed, told my wife to freeze, and asked if she said $500 and she said no, 5k....i am in shock.  thanks for the support.

Thanx for the info dog....Tusc has recomennded that  skymiles cardholders can convert to Blue....so I'm thinking about maybe doing so. I'm just scared to ask because Amex has been so generous to me lately....3 new cards....don't want to seem pushy to them!!!!

Anyway....congrats again.....have a Happy 4th.....go light some fireworks tonight and celebrate!!!!!!!!Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!   Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.