Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

me again...just got my report...

tag
tongrad
Established Member

me again...just got my report...

OK so I was shocked and pleased to see that my CR i have a 642 for EX, 642 for TU and 629 for EQ...back in 3-2007 i had 608 for EX, 603 for EQ and 620 for TU. so I say without even knowing i have done pretty good Smiley Happy so now that im interested in building my credit and comming to this site im trying to tget the hang of this lingo Smiley Happy So my question is on my new report my last inquiry that I AGREED TO was during a RE-FI in march of 2007 hence i have my scores right? ok so i look and it says i have an inquiry on 1-4-2008! I didnt authorize anyone anything! it says assetcare...anyone have an idea who this is? or how i can get ahold of them or what i need to do about it? is it hurting my credit that they inquired?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tongrad
Established Member

Re: me again...just got my report...

ok i just searched here and it must be a collection agency...so my new question is can they run a credit report on me to collect a debt? i mean what are they trying to accomplish by doin that?
Message 2 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

That is a big debate here.  Some say they have PP others say not.  It would be nice if they did not.  I have pulls from CA that I have never had an account with.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like PP said, it's a matter in debate. I would DV them. There should be an address for them on your reports.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

tongrad wrote:
ok i just searched here and it must be a collection agency...so my new question is can they run a credit report on me to collect a debt? i mean what are they trying to accomplish by doin that?

It is a big debate. However, you can send them a non-PP letter and see what comes of it.

My spouse had a CA pop up on CR along with an inquiry, but the account should never been sent to collections. Emailed the CA and they say they are removing the inquiry and the account.

But beware, if you send non-PP letter, and they do have a debt that was sent to collections on you, expect to hear from them and something to pop up on your report.
Message 5 of 7
tongrad
Established Member

OK I figured it out....I had posted on this particular agency/collection some time ago....I just recieved a bill from assetcare. Under my maiden name and it is way out of the SOL....they are trying to get me to do a settlement....but this collection doesnt appear on my credit so im not gonna pay it...but the fact that they did a hard pull....lol.....is that legal for them to do?..also i had another hard from my broker so does it basically look the same? they were both done within 3 weeks of each other...and regarding the assetcare i sappose now i need to send that letter to let them know their SOL is up?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send them a letter stating it is time-barred.

Also include a Non PP letter.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.