Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

medical bill deleted!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

medical bill deleted!

WOOOOHOOO!!! I love myfico so much.

This collection agency ( Account services) was HOUNDING me to pay a medical debt of 1475, for the delivery of my son. Well, all hospital bills were paid by Tricare (in excess of 350,000-- my son was in NICU for three months, that's why the total bill was so high) I was never given any contact information to this physician, and never received anything in the mail... and I assumed the hospital send it out to the doctors who treated me. I was wrong...

So heres what I did, thanks to MYFICO, I called the hospital, and they told me my balance to them was 0. I didnt owe them anything, then I told her on my CR it showed a debt to a collection agency for OBGYN services, she then looked up my records and told me the doctors number. I called his office, asked them for the inoframtion they had listed ( they had the wrong phone number, wrong address) I then told them that I have TRICARE insurance and they pay everything, so she can send the claim to Tricare and they will pay it. I then asked her to withdraw the account from the collection agency once payment was received, she said ofcourse, no problem!

I also called debt servies at Tricare, and they told me that they will have it deleted BEFORE payment is sent, I just need to fill out a form and send a copy of my CR with that account listed.!!!

That feels so great, I went from 6 chargeoffs before myfico, down to two!!! ( which I am still working on!!! ) 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
liquidlx
Established Member

Re: medical bill deleted!

Thats awesome. I'm working on 2 myself. Keep up the good fight
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

WTG! It's always great to hear success stories! Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way To Go! It's always refreshing to see positive results!
Message 4 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Outstanding news. Congratulations on the delete. Myfico forum is the best site on the www IMO. I am sooooo addicted.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.