Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

medical bill ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

medical bill ?

I just got off the phone with the hospital and paid 1 bill of 175 dollars as they were about to send it to collections.  They said the other had been sent to ca and they could not pull it back, its also for 175 dollars it is my bill.  My question is, this is a local ca and I have telephone # for them, do you think I should call them to see if they will let me PFD, or should I send a letter to them in regards to the PFD?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: medical bill ?

LOWRIDER wrote:
I just got off the phone with the hospital and paid 1 bill of 175 dollars as they were about to send it to collections.  They said the other had been sent to ca and they could not pull it back, its also for 175 dollars it is my bill.  My question is, this is a local ca and I have telephone # for them, do you think I should call them to see if they will let me PFD, or should I send a letter to them in regards to the PFD?

All CAs are different.....Most are nasty. I had one contact me that was local & they were very nice (also I didn't owe anything)

I would call them first. But remember if they will accept payment and NOT report   get it in writting!

By law they are to contact you before reporting so make sure that you have copies of you CR showing that they have not reported yet.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response HappyDays
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called the collection agency, you were right, NASTY!!!  I was told that they would just show them as paid, she also told me it was against the law for them to have them removed from my credit report, is that true?  Or was she blowing smoke up my???
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The law states   they may or may NOT report.

Remember that just because you called them they still MUST(within 5 days) send you a letter telling you of the debt........If they report before sending that letter....they are in violation.

You have 30 days (after you receive that dunning letter) to despute the debt.(NOT with the CRAs)  This so called dispute is in the form of the DV letter and only goes to the CA  CMRRR

The CA then has 30 days to prove that the debt is yours & that they were assigned to collect it.

(by then they should have nothing to report)

Yes & they try to make that smoke sound HOT!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 04-18-2008 01:46 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.