Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

medical collection accounts deleted

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

medical collection accounts deleted

I am new to this, and i have a question. I have looked all over this site and can not find anything to help me. My question is: My credit score last month was 552, i had 16 negative medical collection accounts in bad standing on my credit report from experian, ranging from 2 years ago to 4 months ago. I called the collection company and asked if i paid them all off in full if they would delete them off of my credit report. Than i asked for a letter stating the fact. Well i went in and paid it off in full. They the with-in 2 weeks took all of them off my report. In my email today i seen that experian sent a message stating my report has been updated. I went into the report and seen that all 16 were taken off as promised. BUT... my credit score did not change at all ...still 552... even with all 16 off there now. Yes i do have credit cards with low balances. I have an auto loan, never missed a payment, and a personal 12 month loan, never late, with 1 more month till paid in full. Why didnt my score change with all 16 deleted off?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tryingtogetitrightnow
Regular Contributor

Re: medical collection accounts deleted

Is that a new score? Or still the same one from last month? And is it a FICO or a FAKO?

Starting Scores:10/09/13 EX ???; EQ 661; TU 668
Current Scores: 11/23/13 EX 655; EQ 679; TU 705
Goal Scores:700+ for all
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is the same score from last month, but this month the deleted items came off and the score remained the same.It was an updated credit report and score from experian.
Message 3 of 7
treschic
Frequent Contributor

from previous posts that i've read, i think sometimes it takes a while for the credit score to update.  and if you got your score from experians website, that isnt the fico score.  its experians plus score which is a fako.  my plus score is 100 points higher than my fico score.   so, check your fico score on myfico, i think this is the only place for you to get your EX fico (i think?)
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have seen/had 3 to 4 days delay-
Something about them pending delete-
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

HOLY COW nikki!!!!! Are you saying you were successful in PFD'ing 16, collections from your CR's?????

*faints* That's one for the record books!

Super duper congratulations, if that's the case!

Give the CRA's a little time to update.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,
  I wonder if this poster is suffering from the dilemma of going from one "bucket" being compared to other folks with equal # of collections and now is in another "bucket" and for whatever reason being in the low end of that range.

AMEXORBUST!!!!!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.