Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

medical collections follow-up

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

medical collections follow-up

I have a couple of medical ca.  i originally sent out pfd's instead of dv for the accounts.  The ca thought these were dv requests, and sent me a bunch of billing statements.  some from the oc on hospital letterhead and some printed up on their letterhead. i've already called the hospitals to see if i could pay them directly, and they told me that i had to contact the ca and that i couldn't pay them.  i sent the dv and received hospital invoices, and listings of all the medical procedures and tests that i had perfomed (from both ca's).  i then faxed a pfd to one of the ca's and got back a letter telling me that i had to call them to discuss payment situations.  is there anything else i can do or what other letter should i send them in this situation.  these charges are co-payments and other miscilaneous charges that my insurance refused to pay. i think some insurance companies limit the amount of money that they are willing to pay for certain services.  so, i guess i'm stuck with the fees, anyways, what further action can i take?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: medical collections follow-up

No expert here but-

Do a search for WhyChatHippa

The CAs may be in violation of medical privacy regs

Since you know the OCs, send them the payments, if accepted you can then dispute the CAs

Message Edited by Anderson on 01-31-2008 09:33 PM
Message 2 of 4
treschic
Frequent Contributor

I've already contacted the OC, they said to talk to the Ca's. 
Message 3 of 4
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

ROTF the CA must be a bunch of DUHS I can't believe they didn't READ your letter 1st

I agree do a hippa search
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.