Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

midland credit management

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

midland credit management

I have "triple alert", which I really like since I can't pull my credit reports all the time. It notified me of something on my credit report. It showed a "new account"- Midland credit management, with a balance of $8961, opened in Sept. 2001, reported Dec. 2007. I have no idea what this is or any other info on it. What is the best way to handle this issue? I will be refinancing in a month or 2, I really need help with this. Thanks!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: midland credit management

Collection agency. Had an account with them. Make sure that if you do pay them off that you get a letter from them. It took them almost 8 months to report that it was paid off for me and a letter from their attorney. Finally got it reported right on my report.
Message 2 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I just DV'd these guys. Has anyone had luck with a PFD for Midland?
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

what is your SOL on the account that they are trying to collect on??
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might want to ck and see if the info is accurate, they are known to report false info. Sorry to say, you will def need more than a month to take care of this, unless the info is inaccurate or you do a PFD, even then that is pushing it.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

crazyaboutrealestate wrote:
I have "triple alert", which I really like since I can't pull my credit reports all the time. It notified me of something on my credit report. It showed a "new account"- Midland credit management, with a balance of $8961, opened in Sept. 2001, reported Dec. 2007. I have no idea what this is or any other info on it. What is the best way to handle this issue? I will be refinancing in a month or 2, I really need help with this. Thanks!

Usually when a CA takes over an account from the OC  they show an open (meaning that is the date when they were assigned or bought the debt) They will also update the report date....this is legal.

You should know if you stopped paying something between $5000 & up to the amount that they show.

The DOFD & DOLA goes by the OC.......NOT when the CA took over.

I would guess that it is past SOL...unless it is a signed contract & you live in a long SOL state. KNOW your SOL

Send a DV   CMRRR   they have 30 days to answer it or stop reporting!

CRTP is 7-7.5 years from DOFD     look at your CR for a CO   that should give you the info. IF it isn't on any CR then it might be past CRTP or NOT YOUR's

Message Edited by HappyDays on 12-29-2007 11:03 AM
Message 6 of 8
Cory
Established Contributor

Hello Folks,

These guys were trying to harass me, but I told one of the representative to stop calling me, since the account was past the SOL and presidio sold it to them.

I have not done what I was supposed to do about writing a letter to them and I feel terrible. But now, I see that they are a persistent CA. So I will start taking care of business.

Cory
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

These guys are scum, bottom feeders, watch them!  They are well known to report old accounts that are way past SOL, like over 10 years, and they like to change the Original Creditor info.  Do not talk to them on the phone, always get answers  in writing and do not sign your name to the correspondence.  A typed name is all you need when asking for debt validation.  They also like to change the DOFD and the DOLA.  I have an account that is supposed to delete Jan 2008, they bought the account for pennies from BofA and have altered the DOLA to show account deletion of 2009.  I have disputed this account for 2 years and it comes back different each time.  They even changed it to look like it was a medical bill.  And their address is wrong.  Your mail comes back as undeliverable.  The CRA's refuse to correct and/or delete even with proof and I don't have the energy to sue either one.

Just remember to never sign your name on any paperwork!  I have reviewed lots of cases on Pacer that deals with Midland's reporting tactics.  They usually don't play by the rules until you sue. 

Did you get a "score alert" by chance?

Does it report an Original Creditor on your alert info?

Before you contact Midland, call the CRA's and see what their Date to be removed is.  I bet if Midland says it was opened in Sept 2001, the OC's chargeoff date is sometime between 1996 and 1998.  That is way past SOL for reporting.  I am only saying this as all of the cases I read which had an open date in 2001 (which means when Midland may have gotten the account) were actually accounts that were charged off by the OC in 1996 - 1999.   If you can pinpoint the OC's chargeoff date then you can Dispute the Debt with the CRA's as past SOL and they have to delete.  Keep copies of everything and notate all conversations with CRA's. 
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.