Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monthly points

tag
red456
Valued Member

monthly points

I just paid off a cc and got 43 points. Is that all the points I should get or will I get more next month?. I am still 10 points shy of a needed 640.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: monthly points

@red456 wrote:

I just paid off a cc and got 43 points. Is that all the points I should get or will I get more next month?. I am still 10 points shy of a needed 640.

Congrats on the debt paydown and gain!

Utilization is a snapshot in time. With everything being equal, your score won't change again due to that paydown. Was it one CC that was paid? Do you have others?

Message 2 of 7
red456
Valued Member

That was my only cc. And I don't owe anything else. I do have some negative comments that are changing and some collections that have been recently paid. Maybe that will be enough to throw me over to 640.

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Very quickly, GW those paid CAs. Paying a CA will never help your FICO score, but getting them to delete out of goodwill might give you 10+ that you are looking for.

But congrats for the 43 off one CC. That's great!

Message 4 of 7
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Hi, Red.  Be sure to work with the most recent negatives first.  I was able to get 15 points (if I recall correctly, maybe 10 but I think 15) for getting a collected deleted.

But I've had  many other deletions that were in the middle of the messes, and I got ZERO points.

I'm not saying don't work on them all, just don't expect points for something that isn't The Most Recent.

Good Luck!!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I agree.  You have tweaked your utilization dry.  To obtain additional improvement, any old derogs would be the best bet.

Do you have derogs that are accounts that are still unpaid?

Message 6 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

If you are looking for 10 extra points you **might** get a small bump from letting a small balance  ( 5% - 9% ) of your total utilization report on a single CC.

People have different results with this, but you could try it out and it might push you over the top.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.