cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more student loan help

tag
keapdx

more student loan help

Hi everyone - so... I'm fixing my credit in the next year or year and a half. We had three really horrible years of little to no income. Things are better. Bills are getting paid (so satisfying!) and credit repair is in process.

I have a TON of student loans. Some are transfered to new lender, some are consolidated etc. My main problem is that I'm not sure how to get the 10 or so separate loans to showing as one.

Also what is "DV"?

Any input and help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: more student loan help

Hello,

First the DV is a debt validation - when you contact the credit reporters, or the credit reporting agencies and ask them to validate a debt for whatever reason.

As for student loans - you can contact a student loan lender such as citibank and ask to get all of them consolidated into one loan. You will need to have the current interest rate, and the lender information for all your loans to do this, so make sure you have all the information together to do it.

Secondly, you need to be out of school and currently in repayment (post 6 months of school) to qualify for the consolidation. It will extend all your loans out a lot, possibly to 20 years, so it would be in your best interest to pay more than the minimum amount whenever you can to elimante the excessive interest that will add up over the years.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.