Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mortgage question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

mortgage question

I ran into some financial problems last year due to my health and fell behind on my house payment for a few months.  I need to refi my house at the of this year. I was just wondering how far back do they look at your credit history. I heard it was the past 12 months. I that true because mine where in Last sept , Oct, Nov that show late then I should be ok
thanks
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: mortgage question

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wolf... the most common time frame is the past 12 months, but that's just what's "common"... not always what's done. Tell ya what: try to work with your current lender and see if they consider removing some or all of those lates. Countrywide Home Loans has done it for many customers (me and others) and I would imagine other lenders would consider it, too.

If your lender is interested in keeping you and refinancing you, chances are they'll be fairly flexible. Go for it and see what happens!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

C-Hawk,

How long did it take for your lates to be removed by your lender and did that really impact your fico scores?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.