Contributor
wolf69

mortgage question

I ran into some financial problems last year due to my health and fell behind on my house payment for a few months.  I need to refi my house at the of this year. I was just wondering how far back do they look at your credit history. I heard it was the past 12 months. I that true because mine where in Last sept , Oct, Nov that show late then I should be ok
thanks
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: mortgage question

Regular Contributor
CreditHawk

Wolf... the most common time frame is the past 12 months, but that's just what's "common"... not always what's done. Tell ya what: try to work with your current lender and see if they consider removing some or all of those lates. Countrywide Home Loans has done it for many customers (me and others) and I would imagine other lenders would consider it, too.

If your lender is interested in keeping you and refinancing you, chances are they'll be fairly flexible. Go for it and see what happens!
Established Contributor
myhearts07

C-Hawk,

How long did it take for your lates to be removed by your lender and did that really impact your fico scores?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+