Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my hard inquiries are vanishing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

my hard inquiries are vanishing

I signed up for a service called Savvy Money, it's similar to Credit Karma except they allow you to refresh your Transunion credit report daily. Since i've starting using the service a few weeks ago, 5 inquiries have dropped off my report that weren't supposed to be removed until 2017. Why is this? I check everyday for credit offers and visit several sites that perform soft pulls. Are the high number of soft pulls causing Transunion to delete my inquiries?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
gibeon
Established Contributor

Re: my hard inquiries are vanishing

Most likely, yes on the soft Pulls bumping hard pulls. It's a quirk of TU reports.

My understanding is that they were supposed to have fixed it a little while back.

I've lost about 10-15 (still at 22 though) by accident before I noticed it.

I have frozen all my reports now, so I'm not expecting them to continue falling off early.
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 2 of 22
Involver
Valued Contributor

Do you happen to live in Texas?

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

funny you say Texas   ,   I live in NY  but stay in South padre Island, TX for the winter , all my address info on my credit reports are my NY address but, I am currently in Texas and i posted the same thing about a month ago shortly after i got down here...  ever since i got to Texas every time i login to credit karma it refreshes my transunion report only, and 10 inquaries have decided to vanish in the past 3 weeks.   But I have been told what runs away will aways come back home at some point Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Tennessee.

Message 5 of 22
gibeon
Established Contributor

I live in Massachusetts... Have for well over a decade... But I grew up in Texas!

But I just got a letter from TU that they finally updated my current address to my actual current address (where I've lived for 13 years) from an address I lived at for three months in North Hollywood back in 1996...
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 6 of 22
Involver
Valued Contributor

Interesting.
Message 7 of 22
Marcos8
Established Contributor

You would have to pull a full report from the CRA's to make sure what the actual status of your inquiries are. The service you signed for maybe does not consider or include information about inquiries over a year old since at that point they don't affect your score anymore. Pull a full report and see. 

Message 8 of 22
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Good Morning,

How are you pulling daily using Savy Money? I don't see any option.

Message 9 of 22
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Please ignore my previous post. I was able to locate the "update" button. Thank you.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.