Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my mortgage sold

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

my mortgage sold

my original mortgage was with bank of america and they sold it to greenpoint credit. when greenpoint credit showed up on my credit file it showed the original loan date and everything was ok. but then greentree llc bought greenpoint in feb 05 and greenpoint is showing the account was transfered sold but greentree shows the account was open in feb 05 when in fact it was open in aug 98 which made my credit score drop because it looks like i closed an account and opened a new one which i didn't. are they supposed to show the account from the original date or when they bought it.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: my mortgage sold

Nope... They do not have to show the original date. This is just a common downfall to having your mortgage resold.
Message 2 of 5
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I think you still retain the good payment history. At least that's the way it shows up on my reports. Loan sold and the dates but I believe I am still getting credit for the original loan from inception.
Message 3 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Right... but the previous payment history will not show up on the new account.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beware Greenpoint accounting. They showed me 30-days late right out of the gate. They funded me in July and sold me in August to Countrywide. Then I get an alert a few weeks ago from MyFico that my score EQ had dropped 65 points!!! Incredulous, I logged on and found Greenpoint to be the culprit. They fixed 2 of my files within a week, luckily, after I frantically called asking WTF!! But I'm still waiting for them to fix TU which also dumped over 60 points. I spend a few hard years getting my score bumped up, so I was on them pretty fast. I had no idea a 30-day late on a mortgage would have such a devastating effect. Just extra motivation to never get one.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.