Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO Dispute Letter... No Response After 30 Days

tag
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

myFICO Dispute Letter... No Response After 30 Days

I first came across myFICO in late July, and after examining my EQ report I noticed some errors, and used the form letter that myFICO generates to submit disputes. It's been well over 30 Days and I haven't heard back from any CRA or myFICO in response to those disputes. Can I petition to have those baddies removed since there was no response within 30 days?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: myFICO Dispute Letter... No Response After 30 Days

You

123 My St.

Beverly Hills, CA 90210

September xx, 2005

Re: follow up to letter sent 8/xx/2005

Certified Mail # xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx, return receipt requested

CRA Address

Dear CRA:

This letter, sent via Certified Mail # xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx, return receipt requested, serves as formal notice of your failure to investigate a dispute.  I sent you a dispute on 8/xx/2005 via Certified Mail # xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx which was signed for by you on 8/xx/2005.  In that letter, I formally disputed inaccurate information listed on my consumer file.  For your review, I have attached a copy of the original letter.

As you are well aware, federal law requires you to respond within 30 days, yet you have failed to investigate my dispute.  Failure to comply with these federal regulations by credit reporting agencies are investigated by the Federal Trade Commission (see 15 USC 41, et seq.).  I am maintaining a careful record of my communications with you on this matter, for the purpose of filing a complaint with the FTC and the Attorney General of Texas should you continue in your non-compliance.  I further remind you that, as in Wenger v. Trans Union Corp., No. 95-6445 (C.D.Cal. Nov. 14, 1995), you may be liable for your willful non-compliance. 

This is a serious error in reporting.  Do not delay further. Be aware that I am making a final goodwill attempt to have you clear up this matter. You have 15 days to cure. I demand you immediately delete the following inaccurate entries from my file:

Entry #1, account number xxxxxxx

Entry #2, account number xxxxxxx

Entry #3, account number xxxxxxx

Entry #4, account number xxxxxxx

Entry #5, account number xxxxxxx

Entry #6, account number xxxxxxx

Sincerely,

You

123 My St.

Beverly Hills, CA 90210

DOB: xx-xx-xxxx

SSN: xxx-xx-xxxx

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.