Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO Scores vs MTG Co Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

myFICO Scores vs MTG Co Scores

I just applied for a mortgage and my LO sent me a copy of the credit file she just pulled.  All three bureaus' had scores about 25pts lower than the ones I paid for at myFICO site.

Any idea how this could be??
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: myFICO Scores vs MTG Co Scores

Two things to look for..

Are the Mortgage Co. reports identical to your MyFICO reports?

What scoring models were used for the 3 bureaus on the Mtg report?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, there was the same information between the pulls

TU - Classic 98
Equifax - Beacon 5.0
Experian -Fair Issaac?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Classic 98 is the updated name for Emperica 98. Im not sure if myFICO.com uses that or they might be using the Classic 04 scoring model. Maybe one of the admins can verify this. If the TU report is the one that is off. This would be your reason as these two models look at your data a bit differently.
Message 4 of 9
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

How long ago did you pull the scores yourself?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 5 of 9
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

TheR1ch wrote:
Classic 98 is the updated name for Emperica 98. Im not sure if myFICO.com uses that or they might be using the Classic 04 scoring model. Maybe one of the admins can verify this. If the TU report is the one that is off. This would be your reason as these two models look at your data a bit differently.

myFico uses 98

When I pulled my scores and had my LO pull on the same day, my TU04 was 688, whereas TU98 was 680. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulled:
 EQF 6/15 - it was 671 new file 7/17 - 671
EXP 7/11 -it was 651 new file 7/17 -  622
TU 7/3 - it was 621 new file 7/17 - 597

Nothing different; Arghhh.
Message 7 of 9
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

And you didn't apply for any new credit between the two pulls -- even if you didn't receive it?  Did any old accounts fall off of EX or TU?

I'm not sure this is any consolation, but when I told my LO what my scores were when I pulled he was shocked that two of the three were identical.

Shy of biting the bullet and paying for another set of scores from here to compare with theirs, I don't know what to tell you.  (Sorry -- hopefully one of the mortgage guys will be able to decipher this.)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My suggestion would be to go over those reports with a "Fine Toothed Comb" even the smallest change can have an impact on your overall score. Take nothing for granted. Look at dates, lates, balances, limits, inquiries etc.

Unfortunately it is extremely hard for anyone to assist you without the benefit of having those reports infornt of them. So I encourage you to check and see... or maybe post all the data ( minus accts #, etc. ) from both reports on here for someone to do an evaluation.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.