Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO vs CCT?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

myFICO vs CCT?

1st to the MOD's - Didn't know where to put this and had to start somewhere. I wanted it on a board that gets a lot of new users so I put it here. Move if you need to...

SO, I'm looking for info from those that have some experience with the 2 plaforms. I bought into the CCT model mainly because of the 50% reduction in cost at cancelation but also there was a lot of buzz about how great it is. Having no point of reference to judge it against I pulled the trigger on the $1-7day deal and converted it before the end of the week.

Now I'm not so sure I made the right choice! There's not a lot to look at on CCT and I feel that I'm missing some valuable insight that myFICO offers but maybe for a higher cost???

I think this would have great relevance to a host of people looking to spend their hard earned $$$ for a monitoring service that actually has some bells and whistles.

Pro's, Con's or comparisons would be appreciated.

I hope we can ramp this one up and fill it with replies.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: myFICO vs CCT?

Thanks Skybuilder for posting this. I'm definitely interested.

Message 2 of 18
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Good Morning!

I've had both. I prefer myFICO over CCT. I get the most bang for my buck. I feel like if I'm going to monitor while rebuilding, I want the whole sha-bang! I get that with myFICO. I love that I can see 19 scoring models and I feel I get the most accurate score. The app is great as well.
That old saying "You get what you pay for", yeah, that.

Message 3 of 18
AutoBot
Established Contributor

In terms of myFICO, are we talking about the Ultimate 3B pacakge? I too have CCT and have always been on the fence with the decision. I do still like CK in terms of being alerted to changes.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that there is more information on MyFico, and as my journey continues I may move back to them.

Having a recent BK means I don't need all of the scores (I can't buy a house anytime soon, etc), but need an overall picture. For me, at half the cost CCT provides what I need. I did do 1 month of MyFico and got an initial snapshot. I will probably return to them once my hear of half price from CCT is up and I start looking more long term. Recovering from a BK is definitely looking at the big picture which CCT gives me. The farther I am removed from the BK, the more I need to start looking at the details which MyFico will provide.

I know that rambles a little, but I hope that helps. Oh, and I love the forums MyFico provides and will definitely be back as a paying member at some point.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cancelled my myfico 3B subscription yesterday.

I had CCT and myfico concurrently, but I was noticing that myfico lags when it comes to updating their scores.  I was eligible for my monthly 3 report pull from CCT and my EQ had jumped 40 points, and as I waited nearly 1 week for myfico to catch on - it never did - hence the cancellation.

I also do not like that myfico allows access to quarterly pulls, whereas CCT is monthly.  I am in the process of rebuilding, so I want to moniter what baddies are being removed from my report, and also to make sure my new accounts are reporting as well.  

I do like myficos website and app a whole lot better...

Message 6 of 18
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Because different things trigger alerts, I so happen receive sufficient updated info on myFICO. My scores are always current. If I'm not mistake, the reports are quarterly. That's why I have CK (reports). My scores are always current. Guess it depends what your looking for. When I had both, CCT& myFICO, CCT lagged for me.

If you can afford trial & error, do them both, see which works.

Message 7 of 18
Stevielynx
Valued Member

I've been searching for myfico coupon codes to no avail.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Neither one of these worked for me. Has this worked for anyone?

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.