Established Contributor
Cageym

myFico on Facebook

I didn't know this until just now but there is a Facebook page for myFico, and there are even posts titled "From the myFico forums" that have some of the questions I've seen here posted. https://www.facebook.com/#!/myFICO?fref=ts

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture $10K NFCU Sig Visa $25k Amex Zync NPSL Delta Gold $18k BCE $2k Citi Simplicity $5450 Priority Select Visa 5.9K Amazon Visa 4k CSP 5k
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Regular Contributor
sunshine7157

Re: myFico on Facebook

Ouch. I had NO idea.

Starting Score: April 2011- EX FAKO 639, EQ FAKO 645, TU98 FICO 665
Current Score: Jan 2013- EQ FICO 746, EX FICO is the best kept secret in the world, I guess, TU FICO ???, Vantage 790
Goal Score: 760 by years' end. I didn't make the 760 club in 2013 but I'm pounding down the door in 2014.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

To talk before you think is to shoot before you aim. Words can hurt or they can help. What did yours do today?
Frequent Contributor
jake619

Uncool.  I guess myFICO is indexed by Google so they're cherry-picking posts and pushing them to FB.  It just puts your personal life that much closer to acquaintances. Hope your myFICO name is non-descript.  There should be an option "opt out of FB" such than when checked excludes the post from FB.

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

Regular Contributor
sunshine7157

jake619 wrote:

Uncool.  I guess myFICO is indexed by Google so they're cherry-picking posts and pushing them to FB.  It just puts your personal life that much closer to acquaintances. Hope your myFICO name is non-descript.  There should be an option "opt out of FB" such than when checked excludes the post from FB.

I couldn't agree more. That just scares the crap out of me.

Starting Score: April 2011- EX FAKO 639, EQ FAKO 645, TU98 FICO 665
Current Score: Jan 2013- EQ FICO 746, EX FICO is the best kept secret in the world, I guess, TU FICO ???, Vantage 790
Goal Score: 760 by years' end. I didn't make the 760 club in 2013 but I'm pounding down the door in 2014.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

To talk before you think is to shoot before you aim. Words can hurt or they can help. What did yours do today?
Frequent Contributor
jake619

Called myFICO about this today - spoke with a Supervisor.  Basically told me to suck it up and there was no reason they couldn't include threads here on their FB page.  I only questioned the selection process they use for inclusion - no answer.  In the end he told me the Marketing team is in charge of this decision and that he would be sending a note to sombody regarding the concerns I raised.  He didn't understand the ethical boundary that was being tested either.

I think I got just about nowhere with him.  That's 20 minutes I won't get back...

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

Established Contributor
Cageym

When I posted this it wasn't to get everyone worried about what is posted on the internet, it was to give out another source to access this information from. This isn't a secure forum, you don't even need to signup to browse the topics so there really isn't any expectation of privacy. The only way to find the myFico FB page is to actually look for it, like I did. It isn't something that just pops up on the sidebar. So basically you need to find it just like you found this forum, by looking for it. I haven't seen anyone here use their real name anyway.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture $10K NFCU Sig Visa $25k Amex Zync NPSL Delta Gold $18k BCE $2k Citi Simplicity $5450 Priority Select Visa 5.9K Amazon Visa 4k CSP 5k
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+