Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myfico is not worth the money

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

myfico is not worth the money

does anyone else besides me think that myfico is a waste of money... money that would be better spent on paying bill down.. they know its worthless that's why you have to pay for three months worth before you can cancel. its been 21 days since my last alert and i know something has changed on my report by now. but still nothing. i just feel like I've been robbed
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: myfico is not worth the money

myFICO.com membership helped me so much that I am absolutely gratefull to every contributor on this board. I learned so much within the last 2 weeks about personal credit that I couldn't do in years. The people, the community is so helpful. I think you should at least try, it's only 50 bucks for 3 scores and a year of logging in.
It worked for me. in the past 2 weeks I aquired 7 new credit cards. ( 1 today ). All with the help of knowing my FICO score.
Good luck
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
does anyone else besides me think that myfico is a waste of money... money that would be better spent on paying bill down.. they know its worthless that's why you have to pay for three months worth before you can cancel. its been 21 days since my last alert and i know something has changed on my report by now. but still nothing. i just feel like I've been robbed

Do you have any open disputes right now?
Do you have any "Baddies" aging off?
Have you decreased your Utilization?
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes i agree that there are a lot of helpful info and smart people on this site. i just thought the updating would be a little faster. at least once a week or something. and its pretty expensive to pull reports every other week or so
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

leave it be with updating. you don't need a round the clock updating of your scores. This is not ETRADE!
lol.

Would you like a 20% discount code right now? Would it make you sign up?
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes ive disputed some things for almost a month now. paid a 2,100 installment off. paid a dell card down to13% utl and i havent seen any move in my score
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have noticed a BIG reduction in score watch alerts when I have active disputes-

Are you planning a major purchase or just rebuilding?
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am trying to improve my scores but mainly i was wanting to buy a boat. they wouldnt approve me for a 14,000 loan with a 624 score. i didnt know my score until after i got denied credit then i checked it here on score watch and realized how crappy it really was. so now im on the road to get it straightened out. i hate not being able to buy something when i want it. but of corse thats what got me here in the first place, i just have to be more responsible from now on.

Message Edited by swipehappy on 08-29-2007 08:07 PM
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

revolving credit ( CC ) carry more weight on scores then installment loans.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

i always get text messages from MyFICO telling me when my scores decreased or increased. it's kinda neat. this happens very often. i think they sent me two texts in the last week. so i got my money's worth. there's actually a 25% off code out there somewhere. i found one yesterday and it worked.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.