Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myfico is not worth the money

tag
George2037
Regular Contributor

Re: myfico is not worth the money

MyFico if you use it right will save you the $50 and more if you "Play The Game Right".

This is how I keep track, in the same day I pulled my FICO score's from here I signed up with TC and got the FACKO's.  I compared them to get a rough idea the differance (about 40 points because of inquires, and miss stuff).  I watch my CR and Scores on TC to keep track of where my scores are and I figure if my FACKO goes up 10 points my FICO prob jumped 15, that's just in theory.  When I am seeking new credit, I'll pull my FICO's go to whogavemecredit and make a list of who will do business with me using my State and CRA's FICO score.  I've been able to aquire $6000 in unsecured CL's takeing my UTL from 60-70% down to around 15% just with the new CL's.  My FICO took about a 20 point hit due to the New Accounts, but as they age I'll pay the 15% UTL down to 2% and in 6 months my Score will have jumped 70-80 Points.  That will put me in a whole new bracket when shopping for a Mortgage, prob saving in the neighborhood of $200 a month. 

So to answer your question, yes I think it's worth it, but not if you want a daily report.  I would go for the FACKO score to keep track and only use MyFico when you are about to make a purchase, or apply for new Credit.
Message 11 of 16
kiki2
Valued Member

I would love to know the discount codes!  Please share!! 
Message 12 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

kiki2 wrote:
I would love to know the discount codes!  Please share!! 

Google is your friend
Message 13 of 16
sl
Established Contributor

Google is a great friend. Don't stop at the first promo code...keep shopping out there as they range from 10-20%.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

i found one for 25% Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 16
GregB
Valued Contributor

I have been getting 2-6 alerts per month. Most alerts are for items that changed within a day or two. Some are as much as 4 months old but EX had a similar delay on those changes also.

I am happy with MyFICO
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.