Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help ASAP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: need help ASAP!

I have already contacted them about the PFD...they state they cannot delete- Sprint must do it. I have sent the DV to them this am. They seemed very nice when I contacted them on the phone two days ago(didn't give any real info to them besidses who I was) but then they called my cell phone yesterday! I did not give my cell number to them- it is unlisted and on the do not call list. I flipped! I told them (more like screamed at them) not to contact me by phone and asked how the heck they got my number. She said they traced it from the call I made to them!! OMFG!!!! I told her I no longer trust them or want to deal with them over this any further. She apologized and said they would never contact me by phone again. I am still fuming over this...I don't know why really...I should expect this kind of underhanded crap from a collection agency.
  I live in PA so my sol is 4 years...still in my sol.
What happens if tthey  miss something in this dv letter that they return? What MUST be there for it to be verified appropraiately?Last time I sent this to them...I really didnt know what to look for...it seemed like it was all there. What if it is incomplete...what do I do from there?
 thanks for the reply
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

when you disputed...how old was the account? I already tried to dispute (can't remember the reason I used) and I didnt get anywhere with it.
thanks for the reply!
Message 12 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

ihatecreditscores wrote:
when you disputed...how old was the account? I already tried to dispute (can't remember the reason I used) and I didnt get anywhere with it.
thanks for the reply!

Disputed before sending letters, etc. for my 3 yr old Sprint acct. Disputed with all 3 in August and they went away on the first shot. Balance was around $150.

BTW, West then sold the account to NCO, I believe (away from records now) and that CA sent the dunning letter giving me 30 days and so on. I DVd them and they couldn't verify either and went away.

Message Edited by llecs on 02-22-2008 04:22 PM
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

funny you mention that....I recieved a letter from ANFI about a week ago for this Sprint account. I called Sprint and West Asset and they both have no idea why ANFI would have contacted me- they don't have the collection account...go figure lol
Message 14 of 16
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

Hi  ihatecreditscores  let me shares with you my experience with collection agency,and hopefully it might help you or the others .
i the past 3 years i file BK after all my accounts went to collection agency,where i include all of them .
So later on i dispute most of them who already included in BK under different reasons . 
Guess what it"s really work with me which is i delete a lot of them . some of them the first time,and some the second times,......
Good luck to you . Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you!
All I can do at this point is keep trying and hope.....lol   :-)
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.