Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help fixing item on CR - simple dispute didn't work

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

need help fixing item on CR - simple dispute didn't work

I had a Line of Credit that was paid in full in June 2007 and was supposed to be closed.

hubby and I filed Ch 7 in August (due to his business failure and $250k debt to leasing company).

The LoC account is now showing up in the negative section of my CR "discharged through Ch 7. Debt included in Ch 7 bankruptcy."

I disputed it through the CR and it came back with "consumer disagrees."

When I called WF, they said the account was never closed, although I specifically called to close it back in June. Now, they are saying they can't un-flag it as part of the bankruptcy. They can provide me payment history which doesn't help my credit score. I tried to tell her that they are LYING by saying there was debt included since the account had a zero balance, so the best she could do was have their dispute dept open a case for me. But she said their decision is FINAL.

If they don't rule in my favor, what are my options?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: need help fixing item on CR - simple dispute didn't work

Is the LOC listed on your Ch7 paperwork as a debt that was included?

if it is, then I don't believe OC or the CRA can do anything because legally they reporting it correctly.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: need help fixing item on CR - simple dispute didn't work

No, the account is NOT listed on the BK paperwork. There was no need to. It had a zero balance and was supposed to be closed, but WF didn't close the account as instructed. Instead, they didn't close the account until the BK was filed, hence the reason they are trying to say it was discharged in the BK, but it wasn't. It was paid off and supposed to be closed 2 months before BK was filed.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.