Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help! free dispute online EX?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

need help! free dispute online EX?

I filed dispute with TU & EQ online for free. I can't figure how to file with EX. They want me to pay $10.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: need help! free dispute online EX?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you but I have already been there. They want me to pay $10 to get a credit report from them before I can file free. I have a report from my credit monitering and ACR. Also my state says I only pay $5.00 for a report.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you can't use that link it means 1 orf 2 things.
1. you already have a current report from the last 30 days
or
2. You have an open dispute.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy, thank for your response.I have not received a free report in over 30 days! I have my report monitored.I had no trouble getting dispute free with TU or EQ. I do have reported fraud to 1 of my credit cards. If that is the reason why did I have np with the other 2? And what can i do about it.
Message 5 of 10
Beledona
Regular Contributor

Experian is a pain for sure.
But you do need their credit report to be able to dispute.
If your free credit report is over 30 days old that is why they want you to buy another one.
It is a crazy I know.
If you have not recieved your free annual report you can do so.  Go to their website and check around there to see if you can get a freebie.  
You can only obtain once a year.
This is where they get you  $$$
I had quite a battle with them.
I know how screwed up it can be.  Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

You have a report? Go to Experian. Look at the homepage. Scroll down and look for view my report again. Click. Enter info. You should have an updated report which you can dispute from. Let us know. Watch the date change. BTW this updates in real time throughout the day it doesn't freeze like the EQ or TU reports after you view it that calendar day.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Beledona. If I can I will cause them a little pain.I was told by Ct. AG's office(banking rules & reg) That all CRA must offer disputes at no charge. Also cost of report is not to be more then about 5 bucks.I might go ahead & pay it & then report them.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could be an incorrect address. Ask them to mail you a Credit Report for free. After you receive it you can use the confirmation # from the report to dispute online.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK this is what i did.Went to Privacy Guard ( my monitoring co) they had a special link to EX. This gave me report & let me dispute. I could not view or anything at EX site without buying something or have a # from THEIR credit report.

From what I have read,it seems all online free reports can take 45 days not 30. Is that how it works?
If so I will start mailing them and get GC

Thank you all very much for your help.I was going nuts..

Message Edited by HappyDays on 06-25-2007 02:21 AM
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.