Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help w/GW letter to CA

tag
momof2
Frequent Contributor

need help w/GW letter to CA

The CA pilled a hard inq in 9/06 and 3/07 i paid the account in5/07, because the inq are hurting my credit score & would like for the CA to delete the inq from my credit report from my files. I looked at the ex letters for the GW's but they really dont relate to my situation casue I wasnt really a "customer" can any one give me a rough draft for a GW letter I can send to the CA to get them to remove the inq from my credit files? thanks
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: need help w/GW letter to CA

I would say that the ing is too old to hurt your scores
Message 2 of 6
momof2
Frequent Contributor

Are you sure? I thought that since they stay on your credit file for 2 years, that they will affect my score for 2 years. you know better safe then sorry, they aren due to fall off till next year though.
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told that....the first 6 months they hurt  the next 6 month hurt less   they stay on CR for 2 years but do not hurt after the first year     (now that 6 mo is what I was told but the 1 year is a bet)
Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Inqs hurt the full amount for one year, and then they don't hurt at all. But they will display on your reports for a second year, so lenders will be able to see if you've done a lot of app'ing.

I had thought that inqs faded through the first year, but in fact, it's the account which came from the inq, getting older throughout the year (3 months, 6 months, 12 months) and hurting less, and so you get a little score boost at these mini-birthdays. The inq itself is an all-or-nothing deal.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
momof2
Frequent Contributor

thanks for your input. i am new to this site and appreciate all the help i am getting. I am trying to clean up my credit as much as I can, as me and my hubby plan to buy a house in the next year or two and I want as little as possible for anything looking bad on my report removed. Of course  am haveing a really hard time dealing with the CA with old medical bills as they wont budge for anything.
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.