Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help with my credit reporting scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

need help with my credit reporting scores

Hello,

I read some of the great threads about fico score and how to dispute. this is my problem one of my credit card companies closed my account as charge-off I did not get my mail on time or make payments because I am station overseas and lots of my bills did not get paid because I could not get reliable people to foward my mail as a result. my scores hit rock bottom I did not know until I signed up with truecredit and saw scores. I have been working on getting some of the issues resolved.
but there was creditor that spoke to my mom and not me and made nasty remarks to her she was very concern. I don't even live with her, my question I believe the account will drop off the end of this december but there are several I can not get off my report even disputing I know it can take a little time but I want to purchase a home. the bills that did get paid not because I didn't want to but I never recieved my mail tried to explain that when i finally got them however they were sent to collections
so there are just 5 accounts that I need to work on any suggetions?

Thank you,

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: need help with my credit reporting scores

800ficoscoregirl wrote:
Hello,

I read some of the great threads about fico score and how to dispute. this is my problem one of my credit card companies closed my account as charge-off I did not get my mail on time or make payments because I am station overseas and lots of my bills did not get paid because I could not get reliable people to foward my mail as a result. my scores hit rock bottom I did not know until I signed up with truecredit and saw scores. I have been working on getting some of the issues resolved.
but there was creditor that spoke to my mom and not me and made nasty remarks to her she was very concern. I don't even live with her, my question I believe the account will drop off the end of this december but there are several I can not get off my report even disputing I know it can take a little time but I want to purchase a home. the bills that did get paid not because I didn't want to but I never recieved my mail tried to explain that when i finally got them however they were sent to collections
so there are just 5 accounts that I need to work on any suggetions?

Thank you,

Thanks for serving and welcome to these forums!

Be careful with disputing; don't dispute anything legit. There are better ways in repairing your report. TrueCredit (TC) is a good start in credit monitoring but don't rely on the scores. My TC (FAKO) scores are as much as 90 points lower than my corresponding FICO score.

Also, there are laws that protect servicemen/women with regards to debts. I'm sure others could chime in. Also, that creditor who called your mom could have violated the law, especially if you never gave that creditor her phone number. You could always use that as leverage in your repair journey.

I'd post here or in a new post information about each of the items on your reports. People would want to know DOLA, your state's SOL, and who's reporting (name and OC or CA). This is necessary in figuring what or what not to do next.

Folks here are responsive and can help.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a FDCPA violation- I would sue them.

"but there was creditor that spoke to my mom and not me and made nasty remarks to her she was very concern."
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the suggestions, but  I am new and I don't know what DOLA, SOL,OC ,CA
mean.

the state is Texas most all these are some of the agencies.

1. Merchants Medical
2. LaFayetta Burea of Credit
3. I C systems
4. Shell Credit
5.Lvnv Funding -these are the people that called my mom and I did not give them the number I also found out that a creditor called a friend of mine and they only way to get her number was though my bank I had her on as a auto bill pay as her number is unlisted and someone called and asked her to pay my bill for $.89.00 she is an elderly lady and was confused because she knew I was over here wondered why someone was calling for me at her number asking to pay for a bill and she did not get the name of the company calling and I could not find out who it was?

thank you
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love to sue but I don't know if I can do that from here?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.