Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help!!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

need help!!!!!!!

SOUTHERN CREDIT ADJU STER   Account Number:   170116XXXX    Acct Type:   Collection Account    Acct Status:   Open    Monthly Payment:       Date Open:   9/1/2003    Balance:   $148.00    Terms:       High Balance:       Limit:       Past Due:       Payment Status:   Unpaid    Comments:   Unpaid

I sent a PFD and they called me saying that the law does not let them delete this from my CR. But if I pay them they will change to a paid account. My question is if I pay them is this going to come off some time in 2010 or it will start over from the they that they receive my payment in full.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Lawlover2
Contributor

Re: need help!!!!!!!

I would also like to know the answer to this!  I hope someone can help us!
Message 2 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I sent a PFD and they called me saying that the law does not let them delete this from my CR. But if I pay them they will change to a paid account. My question is if I pay them is this going to come off some time in 2010 or it will start over from the they that they receive my payment in full.

I don't want to risk telling you wrong, so I am not touching the date question, but I just wanted to point out that the law does not prohibit PFD's and GW. The law states that it is illegal to post incorrect information. It does NOT say that it is illegal to refrain from posting information.

I'll bet that if you post the name of any lender or CA who tells you this and wait long enough, someone will confirm that they did indeed have a derogatory removed with them.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can any expert help me please I need the answer to this. Thanks
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next time they call you ask them what law? There is no law stating that they can not remove items from your credit report. Look around the credit boards, people get collections removed everyday, sometimes without paying them!

Do not take anymore of their calls and keep sending letters. If at first you don't succeed....

It was another poster that had the same problem on here and got almost 10 accounts removed that way. Read some more posts, surely someone has had your problem before and succeeded!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.