Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need some advice on charged off account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

need some advice on charged off account

I have a charged off account from 2003 so I am past SOL.    I disputed with CRA it came back verified.  So now I am debating as to whether I should try GW and beg for delete or send OC letter and hope they don't wont to do the work to send the info to me.   DOFD 6/2002

It reports only on mine and DH's experian report

Status
Transferred/closed/account charged off 568.00
Charged off March 2003
Purchased by another lender

I keep changing my mind on what I should do.  Any suggestions? Smiley Happy

Message Edited by love2golf on 04-10-2008 07:23 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: need some advice on charged off account

Is the OC the only one reporting?

I'd try a PFD.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the OC is the only one reporting.
Message 3 of 6
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

Do the OC letter.  If it's that old, they may not either want to bother or it may even be deleted from their systems.  If it was really purchased, then that should come back in the response for who purchased it.  If you are past SOL, make sure you keep record of that for when the mysterious CA decides to pop up and then you can send them a DV.
Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the account was sold    you can not deal with the OC.  BUT because they are the OC and verified with the CRA      send the OC letter.CMRRR     they must answer.

DOFD is 6/2002  it will drop on its own 6/2009

make all the changes that are needed

Company
Address
Address

Date

Re: Acct #xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

I recently pulled my credit report from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and noticed this account was listed on each of my reports as a collection I immediately disputed this information with Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and the results of the investigation came back as "verified".

Since I have disputed the account with the credit bureaus, and you have verified them, I would like to see what sort of records you have for this alleged account. Under the new FACTA laws, you are required to conduct an investigation on this account, and I am now requesting it.

In order to clear up this matter, I would like to see:

Complete account history, including, all statements, records of all activity, payments, collection attempts, and any charges added for collection activity; In short, any and all documentation pertaining to this account

If you don't respond with the results of the investigation (as is required per the FCRA), I will assume you have no documentation and therefore you were negligent in providing the credit bureaus with accurate information. At this point, you would also be in violation of the FCRA merely for not responding within the 30-day period.

Please send all correspondence to:
Name
Address
Address

Sincerely,

DO NOT SIGN......JUST TYPE NAME

Message Edited by HappyDays on 04-10-2008 11:15 PM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to give the oc letter a try.  Thanks for all your help!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.