Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new Stimulus package..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

new Stimulus package..

does anyone know if the stimulus package being discussed by the new administration and congress will be for tax year 2008 or 2009?

the media is reporting this and how quickly they want to implement so i figure it is for 2008.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: new Stimulus package..

2009, done by reducing witholding every month to speed it up.  Bit no lump sum.

Or so I have heard

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought the latest proposed stimulus package was NOT for tax payers. What'd I miss???

And what do you mean by "reducing withholding?" You CAN'T possibly be telling me that when Unky Sam picks our pocket, he'll take less than he COULD get!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

someone correct me, but on the local radio tax professional is saying that the congress will try to get this new stimulus passed with the current administration (very unlikey) but, will pass with new admin on jan 20..  tax cuts and deductions but was not clear if it was for 2008 or 2009 tax year. 

i am ready to file turbo-tax...but wondering if i should wait about the stimulus...

Message 4 of 5
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

The new stimulus package is still in the planning stage.

Nothing has been submitted to the new 111th. Congress.

What exactly will be in the new stimulus package is nothing more than speculation.

Even if Congress would place this package on a fast track, nothing will be final until late February.

The last tax stimulus package passed had a provision that you must have filed your 2007 Taxes in order to be eligible for the tax rebate check that were issued in 2008.

If you are ready to file, go ahead and file.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.