comin_up

new judgement

i checked my County public court record and found that i have a judgement pending for court. What should i do for this?  Wait until it posts and then settle for a less amount or contact the judge and then pay it in full?  i am trying to really help my score but i don't have a lot of money to spend.  The public record does not say how much it is, but i think its around 2,000.
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

Re: new judgement

You should always show up in court.
Do you know what it,s for?
When was the SOL?
comin_up

Thats the problem, i cant show up in court.  im overseas with my job.  the court date is set and i wont be back in time.  i dont come back until december 07.  its for a rent to own tv i purchased ( i know i was young and dumb).  its an old account the has resurfaced from about a year ago.  thanks to this form and getting smarter with finances i have learned to use money and credit smartly. 

comin_up
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

[ Edited ]
are you saying that your first  MISSED payment was last year?

Message Edited by HappyDays on 06-28-2007 08:47 PM
comin_up

yes.  and as it seems its already has gone to a lawyer for pursual.
Valued Member
CHall

Don't let it go to court unanswered.  Do you acknowledge the debt?  What are your intentions?  Do you intend to pay it?  If so, I would try to contact the attorney and work it out before it goes to court.  If you let it go to court unanswered, the judge could grant a summary judgement against you and it will probably cost you a lot more (court cost, atty fees....).
Another option (if you intend to dispute the debt) is to ask for a continuance stating you are out of the country.
Frequent Contributor
theshadow12345

I wish i would've known about this forums a year ago. I had a civil court judgement filed on me and I was a no show. :-(

As of 3/17/08 - TU 619 / EQ 666 / Ex 624
As of 4/17/08 -TU 621 / EQ 671 / Ex 626
As of 6/07/08 - TU 627/ EQ 688 / EQ 644

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+