Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new judgement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

new judgement

i checked my County public court record and found that i have a judgement pending for court. What should i do for this?  Wait until it posts and then settle for a less amount or contact the judge and then pay it in full?  i am trying to really help my score but i don't have a lot of money to spend.  The public record does not say how much it is, but i think its around 2,000.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: new judgement

You should always show up in court.
Do you know what it,s for?
When was the SOL?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats the problem, i cant show up in court.  im overseas with my job.  the court date is set and i wont be back in time.  i dont come back until december 07.  its for a rent to own tv i purchased ( i know i was young and dumb).  its an old account the has resurfaced from about a year ago.  thanks to this form and getting smarter with finances i have learned to use money and credit smartly. 

comin_up
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

are you saying that your first  MISSED payment was last year?

Message Edited by HappyDays on 06-28-2007 08:47 PM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes.  and as it seems its already has gone to a lawyer for pursual.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't let it go to court unanswered.  Do you acknowledge the debt?  What are your intentions?  Do you intend to pay it?  If so, I would try to contact the attorney and work it out before it goes to court.  If you let it go to court unanswered, the judge could grant a summary judgement against you and it will probably cost you a lot more (court cost, atty fees....).
Another option (if you intend to dispute the debt) is to ask for a continuance stating you are out of the country.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish i would've known about this forums a year ago. I had a civil court judgement filed on me and I was a no show. :-(

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.