cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new unauthorized inquiries . . . what can I do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

new unauthorized inquiries . . . what can I do?

I just got a email through ScoreWatch and I have two new inquiries.  Thankfully my score didn't change.  It was Cingular Wireless and Echostar.  I am closing on my new home at the end of the month and put in an order to transfer my ATT service.  My mortgage lender told me I could do the transfer and they wouldn't pull my credit.  At the time of the transfer ATT tried to get me to bundle and I told them I did not want Cingular Wireless service.  I did sign up for Dish TV (Echostar), but I never told anyone during the conversation that they had permission to pull my credit. 

What can I do?  I clearly told them I did not want Cingular so that hard inquiry is definitely wrong.  Since I did sign up for Dish TV is the Echostar inquiry legitimate or can I dispute both?  Since the hard pulls showed up on EQ can I assume that they are on TU and EX as well?

Also, I rented a car from Avis in April and they did a credit pull.  I never authorized them to do so.  I called Avis last week and they said they would send a letter to the credit bureaus and also send me a copy of the letter.  I haven't received a letter.  Is there anything else I can do about this one also???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm really trying to correct errors on my report and keep them that way. 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Re: new unauthorized inquiries . . . what can I do?

If your score did not change, then there is nothing to worry about. If your lender asks you can explain the Inq.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was very surprised that it did not change as I already have too many inquiries already.  I don't know if it changed my EX or TU score.  I'm concerned about the overall picture.  Since I posted the question, I have called ATT and basically was given the run around and told there was nothing they could do.  Is this true???
Message 3 of 5
hifiko
New Contributor

Regarding the inquiries by ATT and Avis on your credit file were they hard or soft "pulls"? TU=800 EX=813 EQ=803 All scores as of 10/03/2007.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

All three were hard pulls.  I double checked just to be sure. 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.