Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

next to Collection Agency is this 465yc00000

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

next to Collection Agency is this 465yc00000

This was from 2003.  I have no idea what it is for and this is the only info listed for the collection agency.......465yc00000........ no name....original lender is "unkown" according to the report. 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: next to Collection Agency is this 465yc00000

dispute it with CRA  as not mine!

Usually medical bills are listed like that but it should give info on who is reporting.

Be ready to pay it if not past SOL....most hosp. do not go by SOL
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I call these "Microsoft error code" creditors, and I always dispute them. Not my fault if the CRA's crappy install of Win98 closed up on them while they were making the entry.
Message 3 of 5
mcsmith17
Established Member

I'm guessing this is off an equifax report?  I have the same deal on the reports I pulled from myfico.  When I disputed through equifax, they did have the name of the CA on their report.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with the others - dispute this as "not mine".  

Based on some of my research, I believe (don't quote me, though) that this entry appears if this was from a creditor (usually a collection agency) that is no longer in business.   If the date last reported is really old, it may be a entry from a collection agency that's no longer in business.

It's not your fault if the CRA's program to generate the credit report has a bug Smiley Wink - dispute it.  You don't know what it is, and they shouldn't report it if they don't know what it is, either.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.