New Contributor
mousefai

no ideas where the fraud alert came from

hi people

i just pulled my report from eliminate id theft and noticed there are fraud alert on ALL of my credit report agencies.

i recently DID NOT initial a fraud alert on any of my account.

do anyone of you know what have cause this.

the only thign i did recent is apply a credit card from usaa on aug 18 and sdfcu on aug 25.

let me know. 

HSBC PREMIER WORLD MASTERCARD- 12000 LIMITS, PENFED- 2500 LIMITS, DISCOVER IT- 10000 LIMITS, CHASE FREEDOM- 3500 LIMITS, USAA MASTERCARD- 6500 LIMITS, CHASE SAPPHIRE- 7000 LIMITS, AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY- 8000 LIMITS, US BANKS VISA PLATINUM- 5000 LIMITS, BARCLAY REWARD- 1500 LIMITS, WELLS FARGO VISA SIGNATURE- 5000 LIMITS, NORSTORM VISA- 5000 LIMITS, SUNTRUST- 1500 LIMITS

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Re: no ideas where the fraud alert came from

While the FCRA authorizes fraud alerts only upon request of the consumer or their representative, when any iissue of potential fraud/identity theft is raised by a consumer, the CRAs will normally interpret that as a request for a fraud alert.

You can write the CRA and inform them to remove it.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+