Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no luck with HSBC

tag
jru577
New Contributor

no luck with HSBC

I sent a GW to HSBC on July 9th. I got a letter that they can't comply with my request. Oh well. I guess i'll be stuck with those lates for a while. Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: no luck with HSBC

You can always try again....

Keep an eye on your reports though. Others here have been denied on GW response but when they checked their reports what they requested was done.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could we dare hope that someone would take heart and do that for us?  Would be a great blessing, I tell ya!!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

don't worry. Wait a month. Then dispute again.
Message 4 of 7
ariesdreamer
Regular Contributor

rifleman wrote:
don't worry. Wait a month. Then dispute again.

Do we basically re-send the same letter again? I'm curious since I received 2 replys to 2 GWs I did last month and they denied my request stating it was against the laws.
02/17/2021: 654 (EX), 633 (EQ), 608 (TU)
12/8/2020: 668 (EX), 630 (EQ), 630 (TU)
Message 5 of 7
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

If you do not get any response after sending 2 goodwills to the same company, would it be appropriate to complain on PFB, or would that be totally out of the question? 
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would not GW again...I would dispute.

I would suggest disputing online with transunion, equifax, and experian. I also suggest disputing over the phone with transunion. You don't have to hold on the line long at all if ever to get a representative, and it's easy to file a dispute. Get a confirmation number so you can check back on dispute status.

Another thing you can try (I did this with HSBC 2 months ago), is ask a representative over the phone if he can forgive your late payments. At first the rep seemed doubtful, but put me on hold, and then said he would eliminate them.

Ethically, I believe this is fine, because you're basically asking someone to forgive you, and if they do then that's great.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.