cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no negative but no increase in score. help!

tag
tweetylove0405
Established Member

no negative but no increase in score. help!

I have no credit cards. I have student loans in good standing... never late. I have one auto loan opened six months ago and have never been late. There is nothing negative on my report. I do have sloo of inquiries... about 15+ that will fall off within two years. My score is 630 and has not increased even with good payments. What do I need to do to reach my goal of at least 730?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: no negative but no increase in score. help!

Message 2 of 5
tweetylove0405
Established Member

Message 3 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Diversity (i.e. adding revolving accounts, mortgage, etc) will help.  Time will also help.

Message 4 of 5
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@tweetylove0405 wrote:
I have no credit cards. I have student loans in good standing... never late. I have one auto loan opened six months ago and have never been late. There is nothing negative on my report. I do have sloo of inquiries... about 15+ that will fall off within two years. My score is 630 and has not increased even with good payments. What do I need to do to reach my goal of at least 730?

I was in your same situation years back. I only had Student loans and no CCs, no ALs, no HLs, nothing else. My score stayed around 630, and 630 is great for no CCs! Trust me, once you get a CC, it will go up quick! Having just Student loans won't increase your scores! they want to see a credit card...

I applied for Cap1 or Discover, i forgot which one. But i got a $300 CL no annual fee student credit card (unsecured), from there the rest was golden. Once you get your student CC, read on here and you'll know how to handle it wisely...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.