Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

non reporting accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

non reporting accounts

Hey guys and gals, I am tring to rebuild my credit at this time. I have a local hardware store which i have had a revolving account(s) in good standings, for the last year + a few months. They do not report to the credit agency, And i was wanting to know how to add these accounts to my CR.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: non reporting accounts

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys and gals, I am tring to rebuild my credit at this time. I have a local hardware store which i have had a revolving account(s) in good standings, for the last year + a few months. They do not report to the credit agency, And i was wanting to know how to add these accounts to my CR.

Hi, welcome to the forums!

It probably won't happen. Smiley Sad Lenders have to pay, and pay a lot, in order to participate in credit reporting.

What others have found is that even if they can persuade someone to report once, it's only once, so it isn't much help.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

IM not asking how to get the creditor to report but how can I myself add it to the report, I have detailed account history to show good standings.

Message 3 of 7
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

What kind of  revolving account(s) are you talking about?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

you can't add it yourself.

Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

+1

@Anonymous wrote:

IM not asking how to get the creditor to report but how can I myself add it to the report, I have detailed account history to show good standings.

Info gets on your reports because creditors report it. They participate for a fee, reporting our credit history in exchange for being able to check the history of potential new customers. Consumers can't submit info (well, I suppose we could try, but the bureaus would refuse to do anything with it), because we're not members. Also, if you think about it, the bureaus wouldn't want to have to try to verify the accuracy of what we were sending in.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks everyone for responding

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.