Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oc says i have a 0 balance

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

oc says i have a 0 balance

i have a ca on my cr, however, when i called the oc, they say that they show that i have a $0 balance with them.  i've already dv the ca, but what are my options?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
treschic
Frequent Contributor

Re: oc says i have a 0 balance

bump
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

they have 30 days to answer the DV.
Message 3 of 6
treschic
Frequent Contributor

i know the ca has 30 days to validate. but, i'm asking, assuming they validate, what can i do, since the oc says they show that i had a $0 balance?  i'm not sure why it was sent to collections in the first place. i'm just trying to prepare for the worse case scenario
Message 4 of 6
JoJoCal19
Established Member

Angie, when the OC has changed their balance to $0 its generally because they have SOLD the debt to a JDB (junk debt buyer) or CA. 

When the OC still owns the debt and they have a CA collecting then both accounts will show the balance. From what I have seen on my own reports and heard from others when the debt is actually sold then the OC will change it to $0. 

I would write a letter to the OC to verify whether they have the debt any longer.
Message 5 of 6
treschic
Frequent Contributor

thank you for clearing that up.  i guess it makes more since now.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.