Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

# of address, length at current address, alias names, etc used in scoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

# of address, length at current address, alias names, etc used in scoring

I can't post a link here to the webpage b/c it violates FICO's TOS as the company who owns the website is a credit repair company.

However, they state on their website that the scoring model by FICO uses everything, including

• Numerous Addresses
  • Alias Names
  • Occupation

to come up with your credit score.

They go on to say that the length of time you have lived at your current address is calculated into scores.

The funny part is that they have a section in the article titled "how is FICO calculated" and has the same breakdown that is posted here on this forum.

35%- payment hx

30%- util

15%-age

10%- inq

10%- types of credit

This is a "credit repair" company and contradicts itself several times in this article. I believe it is a common one also.

Prime example for a reason not to use these types of services.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: # of address, length at current address, alias names, etc used in scoring

It is not too specific. I believe this is what they mean.

Job... Not the type of job but maybe how many in a short time frame. (looks like you can't hold a job if you had 10 different employers in 3 months)

Addresses. Moving around 10 times in 3 months can look unstable. Also home is better than rent since you probably have equity for banks to go after should you refuse to pay debt.

Names. I think specifically Aliases... AKA Bob Smith, AKA Robert Smith, AKA Frank Lemer, ect... That's not normal to have many different names. But aliases not different spellings.

Hope this clarifies things up.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 04-25-2008 11:57 PM
Message 2 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

No, they don't use jobs, addresses, etc. any more, although lenders do. There is an ancient PowerPoint presentation that FICO used in a presentation to Congress back in the nineties that did include all these, but they are no longer used.

Lenders will definitely look at job and address stability.

From the credit education tab:
What's Not in Your FICO® Score

FICO scores consider a wide range of information on your credit report. However, they do not consider:

* Your race, color, religion, national origin, sex and marital status.
US law prohibits credit scoring from considering these facts, as well as any receipt of public assistance, or the exercise of any consumer right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act.

* Your age.
Other types of scores may consider your age, but FICO scores don't.

* Your salary, occupation, title, employer, date employed or employment history.
Lenders may consider this information, however, as may other types of scores.

* Where you live.

* Any interest rate being charged on a particular credit card or other account.

* Any items reported as child/family support obligations or rental agreements.

* Certain types of inquiries (requests for your credit report).
The score does not count “consumer-initiated” inquiries – requests you have made for your credit report, in order to check it. It also does not count “promotional inquiries” – requests made by lenders in order to make you a “pre-approved” credit offer – or “administrative inquiries” – requests made by lenders to review your account with them. Requests that are marked as coming from employers are not counted either.

* Any information not found in your credit report.

* Any information that is not proven to be predictive of future credit performance.

* Whether or not you are participating in a credit counseling of any kind.

What's NOT in Your FICO Score

Again, remember that this is what is not on your SCORES, not on your reports.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

ilovepizza wrote:
It is not too specific. I believe this is what they mean.

Job... Not the type of job but maybe how many in a short time frame. (looks like you can't hold a job if you had 10 different employers in 3 months)

Addresses. Moving around 10 times in 3 months can look unstable. Also home is better than rent since you probably have equity for banks to go after should you refuse to pay debt.

Names. I think specifically Aliases... AKA Bob Smith, AKA Robert Smith, AKA Frank Lemer, ect... That's not normal to have many different names. But aliases not different spellings.

Hope this clarifies things up.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 04-25-2008 11:57 PM

Yes, but none of those are used in scoring. It doesn't matter how many times you have moved, it doesn't affect scores. Or how many alaises you have.

Now it may affect a lender's decision, but not scoring.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
 There is an ancient PowerPoint presentation that FICO used in a presentation to Congress back in the nineties that did include all these, but they are no longer used.

Knowing that, I can understand where they'd get the idea from. However, they do later tell exactly how scoring is broken down and none of the first things are included.

Being a "credit repair" company you'd think they'd be more accurate and check their sources and information instead of providing out-dated information.

I understand what is/isn't in score.........just thought I'd post this because so many people ask "Should I use a credit repair company" well this is a good reason not too. I'd hate to be using that one and thinking my score was suffering b/c I changed jobs twice in the last 5 years. LOL Or b/c I bought a house and moved.
Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
There is an ancient PowerPoint presentation that FICO used in a presentation to Congress back in the nineties that did include all these, but they are no longer used.
Knowing that, I can understand where they'd get the idea from. However, they do later tell exactly how scoring is broken down and none of the first things are included.

Being a "credit repair" company you'd think they'd be more accurate and check their sources and information instead of providing out-dated information.

I understand what is/isn't in score.........just thought I'd post this because so many people ask "Should I use a credit repair company" well this is a good reason not too. I'd hate to be using that one and thinking my score was suffering b/c I changed jobs twice in the last 5 years. LOL Or b/c I bought a house and moved.

Very true! And the copy/paste fiends are always at work on websites.

I didn't read your first post carefully enough, and I thought the info was from one of the Dark Side repair boards.

That says a lot about the professionalism of this company. Either they're too sloppy to ensure that all their displayed info is accurate, or they don't realize that it's inaccurate. I'm not sure which is worse! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.