Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ok...here's another question...medical CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok...here's another question...medical CA

Experian shows a CA for a medical bill.  I just called the OC (our hospital) to review the account and it was paid by our insurance company, no add'l debt owed.  This is how the CA is showing on Experian:

Paid,Closed/Collection account.  
 Date Opened:
 01/2005
Type:
Collection
Credit Limit:
NA    Date of Status:
 03/2005 Terms:
1 Months  High Balance:
NA     Reported Since:
 03/2005 Monthly Payment:
$0 Recent Balance:
NA    Last Reported Date:
 03/2005 Responsibility:
Individual  Recent Payment:
NA  
 Your Statement:

NA Add Statement 
 Account History:

Collection as of Mar 2005

If insurance paid, then technically it was never our financial responsibility, right?  Hospital says that I have to write to CA and ask them to remove it since insurance did accept responsibilty and pay.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: ok...here's another question...medical CA

OC has the ability and responsibility to have their CA correct (delete) this.  As expected, they dumped it on you.

Go and dispute the CA TL as 'not mine'.  This might solve everything in the quickest manner so I suggest starting here.

If it does not, MOV the CRA and DV the CA.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Smartcookie.  This is going to sound stupid, but do you mean I should dispute the TL as not mine through Experian?  Or do you mean write to the CA?

Thanks for answering,
Jenn
Message 3 of 13
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Hey Jenn, does not sound stupid. 

Dispute it directly to any CRA it is reporting with.  Make sure to write down your dispute id #.

If it comes to the point of having to do a DV, the DV goes to the CA.  I'm hoping it won't get to that point and is easily fixed with the dispute to EX.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Smartcookie!!!!!  off to dispute!
Message 5 of 13
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Jenn this is a different situation than that $173 hospital bill for DH, or is this it?  Method of fixing is still the same I'm just curious if you got the other situation fixed.
Message 6 of 13
dizzier
Established Contributor

be aware that the CRA and CA may give you a hard time about this because, even though my have HI and they were supposed to pay, you are still personally responsible for making sure that everything is paid on time. In some cases this means that you pay and then have your HI reimburse you directly (most people are unaware of this).

So be persistent with the CRA and the CA. It should be taken care of. Good Luck.

Message Edited by dizzier on 12-20-2007 09:25 AM

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

alright...hit a roadblock already. 
here's what EX online said:
Error

We have already investigated this information, and the creditor has verified that it is correct. If you still have a question about it, you may want to contact the creditor, or if you have additional relevant information, click here.

Smartcookie, this is a different bill.

Message 8 of 13
dizzier
Established Contributor

keep at it. you could send the CRA a MOV and see if that gets you anywhere. I'd also try the hospital again and ask them to have the CA remove the account.

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 9 of 13
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Different bill, gotcha.

Do you remember disputing this before?  If it won't accept a 'not mine' that was probably the reason you used on the 1st dispute.

Before MOV, call them and see if they will dispute again over the phone.  Make sure you get a dispute ID#.  If they will not re-investigate on phone, send a written dispute to EX CMRRR.

At the same time, I agree you should call OC and tell them that CA will not remove.  Keep it simple and tell them this was not your error and they need to advise their CA to remove as you have already tried unsuccessfully.

If this does not work, you can follow on the next steps which will be MOV to EX and possibly using HIPAA.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.