Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

okay, I need backup info...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

okay, I need backup info...

I filed bk (13) in 2004.  Converted to a bk (7) in 2007.

It's my understanding that since my original filing was in 2004 that this is the magic day.  (meaning it's considered "old law" - before all the laws changed.)  If this is true, then my chapter 7 is a blanket bankruptcy that covers all dischargeable debts - whether accidentally left out of the petition or not. 

Is this correct???

Also, I have a few CA on my CRs from before I converted and was wondering if SOL would even be in affect due to my filing bk.

Basically, I am assuming that since I filed bankruptcy 7 under old law that regardless of whether the SOL was up.... they could not collect or sue.... am I right?

I know they can still report with a 0 balance.  I was just thinking this would be awesome leverage to get them to do a PFD.

Any opinions?  Advice?  Experience?  Knowledge?  I hate assuming things because I'm afraid of failure.  Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: okay, I need backup info...

willow, good questions. Sorry I don't have an answer for you. Smiley Sad

But perhaps the folks that are over in the new Bankruptcy thread on the main forum page can help. Have you tried over there?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.