Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old debt SOL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

old debt SOL

ok I have an old debt on my report. I know the debt was from 10 years ago but the last date of activity was May of 2002 The amount is $1900 and is actually a phone bill. My question is, and maybe I'm confused a bit, but if the state SOL is 3 years, do I have a right to ask this item to be removed. Also if the debt is actually 10 years old, do they( the CA) have a right to keep this debt open for as long as they wish? Meaning can they just resubmit the debt and bring the date of last activity current? If this debt is legit what would someone say would be the best course of action? Thanks for any help.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: old debt SOL

teedoff wrote:
ok I have an old debt on my report. I know the debt was from 10 years ago but the last date of activity was May of 2002 The amount is $1900 and is actually a phone bill. My question is, and maybe I'm confused a bit, but if the state SOL is 3 years, do I have a right to ask this item to be removed. Also if the debt is actually 10 years old, do they( the CA) have a right to keep this debt open for as long as they wish? Meaning can they just resubmit the debt and bring the date of last activity current? If this debt is legit what would someone say would be the best course of action? Thanks for any help.

Ok the item is not removed by SOL but the FCRA limits of the 7 yr reporting period.  IF the debt IS actually 10 years old I would DV it and give them a short time to remove it.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Brammy! now forgive me but im new to this forum and credit repair in general. Could you please tell me what DV stands for..lol sorry for the inconvienence.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

and actually this may make a difference but I just looked and the date assigned is 2003 and the date reported is 2005...but I know the debt is from the mid 90's
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

teedoff wrote:
and actually this may make a difference but I just looked and the date assigned is 2003 and the date reported is 2005...but I know the debt is from the mid 90's

Ok if you are absolutely sure that this debt is over ten years old, reminds me of a T-shirt I once saw a young lady wear.

CAUTION:
   The B Switch Sticks. (Think of a B word that rhymes with Switch)      

Time to turn on the switch.  I would immediately send an intent to sue letter based on false CR reporting.  Not only to the collector but to the OC stating that the collector is acting as their agent.  I would not give a 30 dya window for response but 10 biz days after receipt of correspondance, of course all sent CMRRR.

Message Edited by Brammy on 01-19-2008 11:53 AM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.