Established Contributor
beach123

? on Auto Refi via Cap 1

I have an extreme sub-prime auto loan (never been late) that is due to be paid in 18 months.  I am ill of having paid such high interest DAILY (didn't read it at the time) but I was thankful to get the loan.

If my scores are 558, 558 & TU is 629; yes FAKO; and I have a CAP 1 good history account, do you think it's worth it to try to get a refi?  I'd save myself $1800 in interest roughly but I've already paid $5000 in interest - yep - this car cost TWICE what it was worth if I go the whole time.

AND, who do they pull for this?  I see them pulling my credit every month, varies from one report to the next.  OR, would it be a "soft" pull so it wouldn't matter??

Thanks!
Established Contributor
TexMontana

Re: ? on Auto Refi via Cap 1

Hi-
I used to work for Cap1 auto, and I'm not sure that you could get a good rate. I saw them as high as 24%. It'll be a hard pull - and don't let anyone tell you that Cap1 refi's their own loans. THEY DON'T!
Good luck!
" I like to live as a poor man, with a lot of money." - Pablo Picasso (who was a jerk.)
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

What is your current rate?
Established Contributor
beach123

I sincerely appreciate the info on the CAP 1 - don't scream - but my interest is 23.25% per day - ONLY I did NOT see that the day I signed, I didn't read every line item and it was originally with Bank One; whom Chase bought - and they blow to deal with...anyway, you got it - it was my first ever loan in MY NAME only since my divorce and I was ecstatic, apparently stupid too; but so glad to be on the way to repairing my life that I let get destroyed credit-wise when I was married.  If I could, I would re-fi in a heart beat but the nice thing is that if I wait until January to buy a home, it doesn't count anymore as long-term debt, so that will help tremendously!

I will be so happy to share the GOOD stories soon:smileyhappy: 

Just frustrated that my scores aren't moving but they will be:smileyhappy:
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Eeeeek. I bet roadloans.com could be that rate.
Established Contributor
beach123

Would they re-fi???  I still want to pay it off by Dec. next year...What do you think?  It's a '99 - thanks TUSCANI!
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

beach123 wrote:
Would they re-fi???  I still want to pay it off by Dec. next year...What do you think?  It's a '99 - thanks TUSCANI!

Yea they do refi. But their site says:

Is the vehicle a 2001 model year or newer with
less than 70,000 miles?

Established Contributor
beach123

Thanks much Tuscani!  I now have 91,000 miles:smileysad:  and of course it's a 1999.

I will be SURE to use them for my next auto loan, I guarantee! 

Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Yea, sorry to get your hopes up there! :smileysad:
Established Contributor
beach123

:smileyhappy:  It's ok - I have more knowledge now and know exactly where I'll be going next time thanks to the all of you!  Lesson well learned - READ EVERY LINE of a contract and check out the forum before signing on the dotted line - too bad I didn't have all of you back then!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+