Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opt out/in

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

opt out/in

New here Ive been lurking for a couple of weeks.  Learned a heck of alot so far, didnt even know anything about utilizationSmiley Surprised

How do you know if you have opted out from credit offers?  I cant remember if I opted out or not years ago.  If I did opt out in the past, will I still be able to opt back in?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: opt out/in

@Anonymous wrote:

New here Ive been lurking for a couple of weeks.  Learned a heck of alot so far, didnt even know anything about utilizationSmiley Surprised

How do you know if you have opted out from credit offers?  I cant remember if I opted out or not years ago.  If I did opt out in the past, will I still be able to opt back in?

Welcome.

You can always go through the process of Opt Out/Opt In again if you can't remember. Unless you send in a hard copy for a permanent opt out though the opt out feature online only lasts for 5 years.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

And if you pull your full reports directly from the CRAs (or via annualcreditreport), you'll see a mention at the very bottom of the report with a simple one-sentence saying that you are opted out, if that's the case.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both.  Im pulling my free reports today.

Message 4 of 6
DI
Super Contributor

@llecs wrote:

And if you pull your full reports directly from the CRAs (or via annualcreditreport), you'll see a mention at the very bottom of the report with a simple one-sentence saying that you are opted out, if that's the case.

+1.   I opted out and my reports says File Blocked for Promotions.  I can't remember if all three reports says that. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked mine today. Only one said that. I'm at work and can't remember which one. Anyway, it only takes a second to opt out or in so do it again. It won't hurt.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.