Established Member
drudown

opt out/in

New here Ive been lurking for a couple of weeks.  Learned a heck of alot so far, didnt even know anything about utilization:smileysurprised:

How do you know if you have opted out from credit offers?  I cant remember if I opted out or not years ago.  If I did opt out in the past, will I still be able to opt back in?

Sorry cant do paragraphs. Posting from an iPad, for some reason the return key doesn't work on Myfico forums.
Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

Re: opt out/in

drudown wrote:

New here Ive been lurking for a couple of weeks.  Learned a heck of alot so far, didnt even know anything about utilization:smileysurprised:

How do you know if you have opted out from credit offers?  I cant remember if I opted out or not years ago.  If I did opt out in the past, will I still be able to opt back in?

Welcome.

You can always go through the process of Opt Out/Opt In again if you can't remember. Unless you send in a hard copy for a permanent opt out though the opt out feature online only lasts for 5 years.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

And if you pull your full reports directly from the CRAs (or via annualcreditreport), you'll see a mention at the very bottom of the report with a simple one-sentence saying that you are opted out, if that's the case.

Established Member
drudown

Thank you both.  Im pulling my free reports today.

Sorry cant do paragraphs. Posting from an iPad, for some reason the return key doesn't work on Myfico forums.
Super Contributor
DI

llecs wrote:

And if you pull your full reports directly from the CRAs (or via annualcreditreport), you'll see a mention at the very bottom of the report with a simple one-sentence saying that you are opted out, if that's the case.

+1.   I opted out and my reports says File Blocked for Promotions.  I can't remember if all three reports says that. 

Frequent Contributor
stanggt03

I checked mine today. Only one said that. I'm at work and can't remember which one. Anyway, it only takes a second to opt out or in so do it again. It won't hurt.

Starting Score: 596 EQ 5-22-11 / 554 TU 5-23-11
Current Score: 615 EQ 08-15-11 / 631 TU 09-27-11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+