Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

options for buying a ring

tag
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: options for buying a ring

I understand you dilema, although I do not believe in financing jewelry at all.  I like to save up for it and purchase it that way.  However, I would see what jewelry stores have offers as far as financing.  Good Luck.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 21 of 23
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

OP, congratulations.  Still, I'm in the camp that is of the opinion that you should get what you can pay cash for - going into debt for a ring just isn't a wise move, IMO.  No woman should need (or, frankly, want) a big, bright, shiny ring to prove someone loves her if it means that someone going into debt for it.  It's all about the relationship, and ring be darned, IMO.

Message 22 of 23
2014repair
New Contributor

I know she would be just as happy with a $500 ring as a $5,000 ring.  I was looking at "financing" this purchase with the use of 0% intro periods that I have right now.  In the end I ended up refinancing my truck and borrowing extra.  I went from 9.9% to 2.49% and it ends up being to me "free financing" for the ring.  My monthly payments only go up $30/month and it doesnt extend the length of my loan all that much.  Dont worry about me going "upside down" on this auto loan as I am financing $18,000 and the nada value is $34,000.  The only reason I am not able to pay cash right now is that I bought a new house in June and went to a family wedding in Mexico and paid the way for 5 people.  I have already purchased the diamond and the jeweler is currently in the process of making the ring.  Thanks for all the advice and concern over me going into debt over this, but I think I will be just fine. 

/i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o572/2014repair/Best-Buy-Credit-Card_zps7jz6jb0m.png">
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.