Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

other good News

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

other good News

hmm, been a good night......while going through my mail, I just opened a letter from an OC for a medical bills (four total) that were on my CRA report.  The OC is Willing to take a PFD.  They sent me the statement on these with account numbers and amounts. 

the letter also states,  "paraphrased" thank you for the evidence showing how XXX collection agency is coducting our business.  "We are disappointed" (direct quote) "this is not how we want our patients to be treated."  as per our telephone conversation on February 8, 2008 we have agreed to pull all these accounts from collections and will insist that these items be removed from your CB report. 

The letter was signed by the Collections supervisor and the VP of Finance at the Medical Facility.   

Just for background; I owed four medical bills that the OC turned over for collections.  The CA reported each of these four accounts under three separate trade lines giving me twelve (12) derog collection accounts reporting as current for four (4) past due accounts. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: other good News

Blessed doesn't cover it!!!

Congrats!

Please tell us the name of the CA  so everyone knows to watch for these tactics from them
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

tpgusmc wrote:
hmm, been a good night......while going through my mail, I just opened a letter from an OC for a medical bills (four total) that were on my CRA report.  The OC is Willing to take a PFD.  They sent me the statement on these with account numbers and amounts. 

the letter also states,  "paraphrased" thank you for the evidence showing how XXX collection agency is coducting our business.  "We are disappointed" (direct quote) "this is not how we want our patients to be treated."  as per our telephone conversation on February 8, 2008 we have agreed to pull all these accounts from collections and will insist that these items be removed from your CB report. 

The letter was signed by the Collections supervisor and the VP of Finance at the Medical Facility.   

Just for background; I owed four medical bills that the OC turned over for collections.  The CA reported each of these four accounts under three separate trade lines giving me twelve (12) derog collection accounts reporting as current for four (4) past due accounts. 

Congrats!

I noticed it said "per our telephone conversation" did you send any type of letter also. If so could you put a copy on here.

Or maybe share what you said to the OC to get them to agree to this?

Thanks
Message 3 of 12
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

WTG!

Cathleen
10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats tp! WTG! on both counts.

It's a godsend for you to have an OC willing to pfd your items. PLUS showing the OC how underhanded the CA is!

Thank you!
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bum wrote:

I noticed it said "per our telephone conversation" did you send any type of letter also. If so could you put a copy on here.

Or maybe share what you said to the OC to get them to agree to this?

No letter, just good old fashion networking and communication with good documentation.  It is a local hospital.  I happen to know two members of its Board of Directors well.  They both signed a letter introducing me to the VP of finance.  

I met with her at her office and laid out my case.  I showed where the hospital had filed my insurance wrong to begin with, how I wrote letters asking that they correct this.  (twice before it was) I showed letters where I had explained my situation at the time and asked for a payment plan (four times, twice with green cards).  I showed letters where the hospital's staff refused. (I had four of each)   I then showed her my notes from telephone conversations with the collections staff to include dates and times.  I showed her my credit report that documented the twelve trade lines on all three of the reports.  I told her that I had always wanted to pay these bills in a reasonable manner and make good  on my debt.  I stated that I felt I had made a good faith effort to do so to no avail. 

I then laid out how I wished to pay these bills in full when I close on my refinance within 30 days.  I also explained how I did not feel that I should pay any interest due to how I was being treated.  I also explained that I wanted these accounts pulled from the Collections Agency and Deleted from my file. 

I then told her that I knew that the Hospital had been named as one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation. 

Then I laid three business cards on her desk.  All are actual personal friends.  One is a journalist at the Washington Times.  One a journalist at the Washington Post.  One a Journalist at the Wall Street Journal. I told her that I felt that the hospital was leaving me no choice but to show my friends the above information and allow them to report on it. 

She then told me they had a new manager in their in-house collections department.  She then called this manger up to her office and asked her to bring my file.  Amazingly, in my file was each of my letters I had sent to them.  They agreed that the would work a deal out with me.  That was on 7 Feb 2008.  As you can tell, the Deal was in my mail box on 11 Feb 2008. 

What help this may be here, I do not know.  But I honestly tried to do the right thing....it is a pet peeve of mine.  in the end, it worked out in my favor.             

Message Edited by tpgusmc on 02-12-2008 03:16 PM
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please tell us the name of the CA  so everyone knows to watch for these tactics from them

I'll get them after I eat dinner.  The names are locked in my filing cabinet. 
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CA reported under the following names:

Hudson Law office                      434-634-0702
Emporia Credit Services, Inc.    434-634-5104
J. L. Walston & Associates        434-634-5104 or  800-489-5104

It does not matter which number you call, the same person answers the phone! 

Their address is as follow: (remember, they are all the same company)
326 S. Main St.
Emporia, VA 23847

Also, when asked by the hospital why this was happening, the answer given to the VP of finance was that it is just the way the CRA's is picking up the information and it was nothing intentional on there part!  Well that might be.....but as for the VP...she did not buy into that line! 

Message Edited by tpgusmc on 02-12-2008 03:14 PM
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

tg, you used a tactic that I fully embrace....diplomacy. Smiley Happy

"Diplomacy Is The Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way."
Message 9 of 12
Minnie
Contributor

True enough. It is all too easy to lose it when trying to deal with these creditors. A little patience and diplomacy goes a long way. Good job!!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.