Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

out of nowhere debt recovery solutions validated collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

out of nowhere debt recovery solutions validated collection

hey guys, today i received a letter from debt recovery solutions along with copy of the final bill. I sent a pfd letter 7 months ago with no response. I did online dispute in december it came back verified and today a copy of final bill arrived. That means account is validated.

Now what? Should i send another pfd letter? What would you suggest? Collection will drop off of my credit next may.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: out of nowhere debt recovery solutions validated collection

If past SOL, I'd send the "past SOL" letter and PFD.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Debt was in New York City from 2002. I have been living in Texas since 2003. Which state I should consider? This is the website I got some information:

http://www.fair-debt-collection.com/SOL-by-State.html#33

It seems like it's 4 years in Texas, but I am not sure about NYC, probably 6 years. Date on the bill I received today is January 1, 2003. I don't know when they sent to collection, since I have never received this bill. Experian dispute says this collection will be removed in May 2009.

So, is this SOL? Should I alter the PFD letter and resend it again? Bill is $149 and I would love to pay, but if PFD is accepted.

What do you think? Any answers?
Message 3 of 5
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

tomwest wrote:
Debt was in New York City from 2002. I have been living in Texas since 2003. Which state I should consider? This is the website I got some information:

http://www.fair-debt-collection.com/SOL-by-State.html#33

It seems like it's 4 years in Texas, but I am not sure about NYC, probably 6 years. Date on the bill I received today is January 1, 2003. I don't know when they sent to collection, since I have never received this bill. Experian dispute says this collection will be removed in May 2009.

So, is this SOL? Should I alter the PFD letter and resend it again? Bill is $149 and I would love to pay, but if PFD is accepted.

What do you think? Any answers?

I  believe that they can use whichever state they choose for SOL, but in this case you may be in luck.

This is out of SOL in TX.  And, if you pay it, NYS Statute says paid collections or charge offs (assuming it is one of these) report for five years after the date of first delinquency.  Do a seach for NYS statute here, you'll find the statutory reference. 

atlast....
Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the information, it was very useful. It seems like this debt is SOL in both TX and NY. I will write them a kind PFD letter to see what happens. If they choose to accept it, I will gladly pay what I owe. If they choose to ignore it, I guess I will wait 1 year for it to drop off. I guess I can help a poor person or a charity with that $149.

Again, thanks a lot.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.