Reply
Valued Member
chrissy122g
Posts: 29
Registered: ‎05-05-2007
0

paid Judgment

I have a judgement that went on my record back in 08/2003.....the wrong bank name is on the info w/ Equifax....it is also now paid but it is not beinf reported that way....can I dispute the entire thing since its being reported incorrectly?
Established Contributor
FICO_Focused
Posts: 905
Registered: ‎05-09-2007
0

Re: paid Judgment

That's right! Dispute, dispute, dispute!
 
Rob
New Member
j_ten_man
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎07-20-2007
0

Re: paid Judgment

Exactly. Sounds like it is inaccurate to me. Hopefully it will just come off the report too.
Moderator Emeritus
fused
Posts: 16,374
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
0

Re: paid Judgment



j_ten_man wrote:
Exactly. Sounds like it is inaccurate to me. Hopefully it will just come off the report too.

It's unlikely the account will be deleted from your CR by disputing it as inaccurate.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Established Contributor
FICO_Focused
Posts: 905
Registered: ‎05-09-2007
0

Re: paid Judgment



fused111 wrote:


j_ten_man wrote:
Exactly. Sounds like it is inaccurate to me. Hopefully it will just come off the report too.

It's unlikely the account will be deleted from your CR by disputing it as inaccurate.


Regardless the ONUS is on the CONSUMER to verify that ALL information is ACCURATE and if it's not... DISPUTE, DISPUTE, DISPUTE.
 
You'd be surprised to see what comes off...
 
Rob
Moderator Emeritus
fused
Posts: 16,374
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
0

Re: paid Judgment



FICO_Focused wrote:


fused111 wrote:


j_ten_man wrote:
Exactly. Sounds like it is inaccurate to me. Hopefully it will just come off the report too.

It's unlikely the account will be deleted from your CR by disputing it as inaccurate.


Regardless the ONUS is on the CONSUMER to verify that ALL information is ACCURATE and if it's not... DISPUTE, DISPUTE, DISPUTE.
 
You'd be surprised to see what comes off...
 
Rob


Wanting it deleted, better to dispute it as not mine! Can't see any logic in disputing it as inaccurate if your goal is deletion!
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+